Martin Hill (councillor)
Martin John Hill OBE (born 1954) is the Leader of Lincolnshire County Council.
He has been the Chairman of Heydour Parish Council since 1991. He has been Leader of Lincolnshire County Council since 24 March 2005 when Ian Croft resigned. He is the LG Group Executive representative for East Midlands Councils on the Local Government Association. Also on the Executive is Gary Porter, the Leader of South Holland District Council.
On 25 July 2012 he became Chairman of East Midlands Councils (former East Midlands Regional Assembly), which is based at Phoenix House in Melton Mowbray near to Mr Hill's home in South Kesteven. He had been voted to the position at the council's AGM on 20 July 2012. He became Chair of the East Midlands Executive Board at the AGM in 2012. The Executive Director (full-time) of East Midlands Councils is Stuart Young.
- Council, Lincolnshire County. "Lincolnshire County Council". Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- 2009 election leaflet
- "BBC NEWS | UK | England | Lincolnshire | Authority elects new leadership". news.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- Local Government Association
- Gary Porter
- East Midlands IEP
- Commons, The Committee Office, House of. "House of Commons - East Midlands Regional Committee - Minutes of Evidence". www.publications.parliament.uk. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "East Midlands Councils Staff". www.emcouncils.gov.uk. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "BBC NEWS | UK | England | Lincolnshire | County leader honoured by Queen". news.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
|Leader of Lincolnshire County Council
|Chairman of East Midlands Councils