Martin Katz (born November 27, 1944) is an American pianist, educator and conductor, primarily known for his work as an accompanist.
Over his 30 years as a performer, Mr. Katz has accompanied such stars as Marilyn Horne, Cecilia Bartoli, Kathleen Battle, Kiri Te Kanawa, Sylvia McNair, Frederica von Stade, Karita Mattila, David Daniels, José Carreras, Samuel Ramey, and Piotr Beczała.
Musical America's "Accompanist of the Year" in 1998, Katz currently teaches collaborative piano at the University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance. He is the author of the book, The Complete Collaborator: The Pianist as Partner.
From 1966 to 1969, Mr. Katz was in the U.S. Army and was assigned to The United States Army Band (Pershing's Own) in Washington, DC. He served as piano soloist and accompanist with the United States Army Chorus.
He is a member of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, a professional music fraternity that he joined while working towards his undergraduate degree at The University of Southern California, where he studied the field of accompanying with its pioneering teacher, Gwendolyn Koldofsky.  Katz is an alumnus of the Music Academy of the West.
- Frederica von Stade: Song Recital, Columbia, 1978
- Frederica von Stade: Shéhérazade, Columbia, 1981
- Frederica von Stade Live!, Columbia, 1982
- Marilyn Horne: Divas in Song, RCA Victor Red Seal, 1994
- Frederica von Stade: Voyage à Paris , RCA Victor Red Seal, 1995
- Biography from Allmusic, by Joseph Stephenson
- University of Michigan faculty biography
- The Complete Collaborator: The Pianist as Partner. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press. 2009-06-01. ISBN 978-0-19-536795-9.
- Delta Omicron Archived 2016-03-03 at the Wayback Machine
- "Alumni Roster, Vocal Piano". musicacademy.org. Archived from the original on 5 June 2012. Retrieved 17 January 2020.