||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Known for||Performance art/Sculpture|
|Awards||John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship, 2008/Fellows of Contemporary Art Fellowship,2008/Foundation for Contemporary Arts Grants to Artists Award, 1999.|
In 1999 Kersels and author/artist Leslie Dick were jointly selected "to run the arts program" at CalArts at the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts). Kersels served as co-director of the CalArts Program in Art until he moved to the Yale School of Art, where in 2012 he became an Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in Sculpture.
- "2010: Whitney Biennial", The Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, USA
- Fat Iggy: Discography, Galerie Georges-Philippe & Nathalie Vallois, Paris, France
- "Fat Iggy", Guido Costa Projects, Torino, Italy
- "California Video", The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, USA
- "Headache and Other New Works", ACME., Los Angeles, USA
- Heavyweight Champion, Santa Monica Museum of Art, USA
- Heavyweight Champion, The Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum, Saratoga, USA
- Tumble Room/Deitch Projects, Art Unlimited, Art 37 Basel, Basel, Switzerland
- Charms in a Throne Room, ACME., Los Angeles, USA
- Orchestra for Idiots, Galerie Georges-Philippe & Nathalie Vallois, Paris, France
- Wishing Well, ACME, Los Angeles, USA.
- Illuminous, Guido Costa Project, Turin, Italy.
- Fat Man, Galerie Georges-Philippe & Nathalie Vallois, Paris, France
- Bracelet, Peggy Phelps Gallery, Claremont Graduate University, USA
- Martin Kersels, Showette / John Sonsini Recent Paintings, ACME Gallery, Los Angeles, USA
- Martin Kersels at Yale School of Art
- New York Times Review