Sven Hans Martin Lorentzon
1 April 1969
|Alma mater||Chalmers University of Technology|
Stockholm School of Economics
|Known for||Co-founder of Tradedoubler and Spotify|
|Net worth||US$3.7 billion (June 2018)|
|Board member of||Telia Sonera|
Martin Lorentzon was born on 1 April 1969 in Borås, Sweden. He earned a degree in civil engineering from Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg. He studied economics at the Stockholm School of Economics.
In 1999 Lorentzon and Felix Hagnö founded Tradedoubler, which in 2001 won the Guldmusen prize for "IT-rookie of the Year".   In 2006 Lorentzon and Daniel Ek founded Spotify. In 2013, Lorentzon was appointed a member of Prince Daniel's Fellowship and in the same year Lorentzon was appointed a member of TeliaSonera's Board.  Lorentzon was named the Swede of the Year in the World 2014.
In the spring of 2015 Lorentzon was given an honorary doctorate at Chalmers University of Technology. In May of the same year, Lorentzon received Svenska Dagbladet's corporate award "Affärsbragden".
In 2016 Lorentzon was elected as a member of the Kungl. Engineering Academy, IVA, under the Department of Education and Research.
Lorentzon lives in Stockholm, Sweden.
In 2013, Lorentzon's tax bill was debated in the media. He responded by claiming that it is difficult to attract venture capital to his ideas in Sweden, as well as pointing to the taxes he and his company pays in Sweden.
- "Forbes profile: Martin Lorentzon". Forbes. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- "Spotifys agenda: Fler låtar i fler länder - DN.SE". 17 June 2013.
- "Styrelse". www.teliacompany.com.
- "Martin Lorentzon". Nordic Tech List (NTL): Discover Scandinavian startups and investors. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "Martin Lorentzon - Founder of Spotify". Chalmers University of Technology. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "Martin Lorentzon". europa.eu. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "Dubblad försäljning för Tradedoubler".
- "Ny Teknik". 20 September 2003.
- "Spotify – den siste vita riddaren". www.iva.se.
- "Board of Directors". www.teliacompany.com.
- "Martin Lorentzon och Daniel Ek utsedda till Årets Svensk i Världen 2014". Svenskar i Världen.
- "Ludvig Strigeus och Martin Lorentzon". Chalmers University of Technology.
- email@example.com, Sven Carlsson. "Spotify-grundaren: "Vi är den vita riddaren"".
- "Martin Lorentzon och Maria Rankka nya ledamöter i Kungl. Ingenjörsvetenskapsakademien". www.iva.se.
- Radio, Sveriges. "Så undviker Lorentzon att betala skatt i Sverige - Nyheter (Ekot)".
- "Lorentzon försvarar brevlådeföretag - DN.SE". 23 April 2013.