Martin Luther King, Jr. High School (Cleveland)
|Martin Luther King, Jr. High School|
|1651 East 71st Street
Cleveland, Ohio, (Cuyahoga County), 44103
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|Motto||"We are tied to Greatness"|
|Principal||Valerie Flowers (acting)|
|Vice principal||Latonia Davis|
|Asst. Principal||Bryan Robinson|
|Average class size||25|
|Color(s)||Black and Teal |
|Song||The Show Goes On by Lupe Fiasco|
|Athletics conference||Senate League|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, and Track and field,|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Average ACT scores||16|
|Athletic Director||D. Davis|
The school was built in 1973. Like many schools that opened in the 10 years after his 1968 assassination, the school was named after Martin Luther King, Jr.. This school is a big help for those students who are interested in the medical and law industry. The classes are hands on experiences which will prepare teens for college.
- Health Careers. Health Careers offers programs in STNA, Dental Assisting, and Personal Training. 
- School for Law & Municipal Careers. Law & Municipal offers programs in Security forces, Firefighting, and EMT. 
- Basheer Jones
Notes and references
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Retrieved 2010-02-17.[dead link]
- "Cleveland Municipal School District Web site". Archived from the original on 2007-02-03. Retrieved 2007-02-28.
- "Cleveland Municipal School District Health Careers Web site". Archived from the original on 2007-06-30. Retrieved 2007-02-28.
- "Cleveland Municipal School District Law and Municipal Careers Web site". Retrieved 2007-02-28.
|This Cuyahoga County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|