Martin Place railway station
Elizabeth Street entrance in April 2017
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||2.10 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||23 June 1979|
Martin Place railway station is located on the Eastern Suburbs line, serving the Sydney central business district. Named after Martin Place, it is served by Sydney Trains T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line services and NSW TrainLink South Coast Line services.
The station consists of an island platform and a turnback siding east of the station.
A service tunnel extends from Martin Place railway station under Sydney Hospital into The Domain. The tunnel carries air conditioning services from an underground room, which is located beneath two ventilation towers in The Domain, by the side of the road behind Sydney Hospital.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Cronulla, Waterfall & Helensburgh|||
|services to Wollongong, Port Kembla, Dapto & Kiama||also used by commencing services|
|2||services to Bondi Junction|||
|services to Bondi Junction||also used by terminating services|
- Martin Place Station NSWrail.net
- "Transit Newsfile: Sydney Trains" Transit Australia Volume 65 number 11 November 2010
- Station upgrades completed in time for ANZAC day NSW Department of Transport 20 April 2011.
- Martin Place Station Sydney Metro
- Passenger Working Timetable Version 3.70 Transport for NSW 15 November 2014