Martin Roberts (presenter)
|Born||Martin Leyland Roberts
20 July 1963
Warrington, Lancashire, England
|Occupation||Television presenter, property expert, investor, entrepreneur and author|
Homes Under the Hammer
Martin Leyland Roberts (born 20 July 1963) is an English television presenter, property expert, investor, entrepreneur and author who currently presents the BBC One property auction series, Homes Under the Hammer with co-presenters Lucy Alexander and Dion Dublin.
Early life and career
Since then, he has presented several other programmes including Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is and How to Survive the Property Crisis, both for the BBC as well as ITV's travel programme Wish You Were Here...?
He is the author of Teach Yourself Making Money from Property.
In September 2012, Roberts publicly criticised proposed government changes to the planning laws of England that would double the size of extensions that do not need approval. He branded the move crazy and said it would "wipe away generations of sensible and sound planning law overnight".
- "Martin Roberts profile". peoplematter.tv. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- Roberts, Martin (2008). Teach Yourself Making Money from Property. Teach Yourself. ISBN 0-340-96637-8.
- Roberts, Martin (September 7, 2012). "Relaxing Planning Laws will Damage British Housing". Huffington Post.
- Roberts, Martin (September 7, 2012). "Forget Homes under the Hammer, our countryside and architectural heritage are under attack". Mail Online.
- "BBC Homes under the Hammer star talks about the Warrington property market". Warrington Guardian. July 20, 2012.
- Dance, Emma (August 3, 2013). "Interview with Homes Under The Hammer Star Martin Roberts". Bath Chronicle.