Martin Smith (academic)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Smith has appeared on many television programmes: as a technical presenter on the BBC television programme Techno Games  and as a judge on Robot Wars. He was a judge and programme consultant on Channel 4's Scrapheap Challenge  and technical presenter on Granada TV's Mutant Machines.  He has also appeared on Tomorrow's World, Tomorrow's World Live at the NEC, and the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures series entitled The Rise of Robots.
Smith is a member of the editorial boards of Kybernetes: The International Journal of Cybernetics and Systems, The International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, The International Journal of Applied Systemic Studies, the International Journal of General Systems, and The International Journal of Social Robotics. He is a Director of the World Organisation of Systems and Cybernetics.
He has held posts as Visiting Research Professor in Robotics at the Open University, Professor at the University of Central England UK, (now Birmingham City University) and at the University of East London (UK) where he was founder and Head of the Mobile Robots Research Unit.
- "Prof Martin Smith - Middlesex University London". Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- Stewart, D. J. "The Cybernetics Society: Contact List". Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- Stewart, D. J. "The Cybernetics Society: Martin Smith". Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Emerald - Kybernetes editorial team". Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "WOSC Individual Members". 28 October 2011. Retrieved 11 March 2017.