Martin Walsh (film editor)
Martin Walsh (born 8 November 1955 in Manchester, England) is an English film editor with more than 30 film credits dating from 1985. Walsh won the Academy Award for Best Film Editing and the ACE Eddie Award for the film Chicago (2002), for which he was also nominated for the BAFTA Award for Best Editing. Walsh has been elected to membership in the American Cinema Editors.
The director of each film is indicated in parenthesis.
- Hackers (Softley-1995)
- Feeling Minnesota (Baigelman-1996)
- Welcome to Woop Woop (Elliott-1997)
- Roseanna's Grave (Weiland-1997)
- Hilary and Jackie (Tucker-1998)
- The Mighty (Chelsom-1998)
- Mansfield Park (Rozema-1999)
- Bridget Jones's Diary (Maguire-2001)
- Strictly Sinatra (Capaldi-2001)
- Iris (Eyre-2001)
- Chicago (Marshall-2002).
- Thunderbirds (Frakes-2004)
- Separate Lies (Fellowes-2005)
- V for Vendetta (McTeigue-2005)
- Inkheart (Softley-2008)
- Clash of the Titans (Leterrier-2010)
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Newell-2010)
- Ra.One (Sinha-2011)
- Wrath of the Titans (Liebesman-2012)
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (Branagh-2014)
- Cinderella (Branagh-2015)
- Wonder Woman (Jenkins-2017)
- Justice League (Snyder-2017)
- Artemis Fowl (Branagh-2020)
- Martin Walsh on IMDb
- "American Cinema Editors > Members", webpage archived by WebCite from this original URL on 2008-03-04.
- Walsh is listed as an editor at the film's webpage; see "Ra.One Official Website". Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 22 April 2012. His listing at Imdb is as an editor with the editing department, which may be erroneous.
- Walsh, Martin (3 February 2007). "Things I've Learned as a Moviemaker". Moviemaker. Archived from the original on 29 August 2012.
- Wood, Jennifer M. (3 February 2007). "The Showoffs Get the Attention: Hard work paid off for Chicago editor Martin Walsh, who just nabbed his first Oscar nomination". Moviemaker. Archived from the original on 16 April 2012.
- Van den Broeck, Wim (30 April 2015). "'Cinderella' Editor Martin Walsh Points Out the Importance of Seeing the Bigger Picture". Avid Technology. Archived from the original on 4 May 2015. This 2015 article is based on an interview with Walsh about his career as an editor and the film Cinderella.
|This article about a film editor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|