|Member of the Senate|
28 March 2017
|Member of the House of Representatives|
29 October 2013 – 10 September 2014
16 January 1958 |
Martine Baay-Timmerman (born 16 January 1958) is a Dutch politician. She was member of the House of Representatives of the Netherlands for 50PLUS between 29 October 2013 and 10 September 2014. She left the House of Representatives due to health issues and was replaced by Henk Krol. Since 28 March 2017 Baay-Timmerman is a member of the Senate.
Since early 2009 Baay-Timmerman has been involved with 50PLUS, she was a secretary for the party between November 2011 and November 2012. She was third on the candidate list of 50PLUS for the 2012 elections.
When House of Representatives member Henk Krol resigned on 4 October 2013, Baay-Timmerman, as first candidate on the list, was likely to become his successor. She entered the House on 29 October 2013. On 10 September 2014 she went on sick leave and was replaced by Henk Krol. In December 2014 it became clear that Baay-Timmerman would not return do the House of Representatives as she needed more time to recuperate from breast cancer.
- "Baay definitief in Kamer voor 50Plus" (in Dutch). Volkskrant. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Beëdiging nieuw Kamerlid Martine Baay (50PLUS)" (in Dutch). Tweede Kamer. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Krol (50PLUS) en Leenders (PvdA) keren terug in Tweede Kamer" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. 10 September 2014. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Henk Krol blijft 50PLUS-Kamerlid, na definitief vertrek Martine Baay" (in Dutch). NRC. 12 December 2014. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Vijf Eerste Kamerleden beëdigd" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Mr. M.H.H. (Martine) Baay-Timmerman" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. Retrieved 7 April 2017.