Martinton Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
Fields along U.S. Route 52, southwest of Martinton
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|• Total||54.41 sq mi (140.9 km2)|
|• Land||54.22 sq mi (140.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.19 sq mi (0.5 km2) 0.35%|
|Elevation||623 ft (190 m)|
|• Density||17.4/sq mi (6.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60912, 60931, 60951, 60970|
|GNIS feature ID||0429334|
Martinton Township is one of twenty-six townships in Iroquois County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 943 and it contained 460 housing units. Buchanan Township formed from a portion of Papineau Township, then known as Wygant Township, in September 1857; its name was changed to Martinton Township on an unknown date.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 54.41 square miles (140.9 km2), of which 54.22 square miles (140.4 km2) (or 99.65%) is land and 0.19 square miles (0.49 km2) (or 0.35%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Freedville at
The township contains these four cemeteries: Greentown, Mount Olivet, Old Burg and Teege.
- Donovan Community Unit School District 3
- Iroquois County Community Unit School District 9
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 79
- State Senate District 40
- "Martinton Township, Iroquois County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Papineau Township||Beaverville Township|
|Iroquois Township||Middleport Township||Concord Township|