This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1950 (age 67–68)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Marty Callner is a director. He has made music videos, comedy specials, concert specials, and created television shows. Marty has directed some of the biggest artists in the world, and has work recorded back as far as 1977 and as recent as 2015. He is the creator of HBO's "Hard Knocks" and has been nominated and won numerous Emmys, MTV Video Music Awards, DGAs and CableACE Awards.
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (May 2009)
Selected music video credits (as director)
- "Blind Man"
- "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"
- "Livin' on the Edge"
- "Love in an Elevator"
- "Rag Doll"
- "Sweet Emotion"
- "The Other Side"
- "Waiting for the Big One"
- "Fallin' in and Out of Love"
- "Wasting My Time"
- "Every Rose Has Its Thorn"
- "Fallen Angel"
- "Ride the Wind"
- "Something To Believe In"
- "Unskinny Bop"
- "Your Mama Don't Dance"
- "Bit by Bit"
- "Shaking the Cage"
Y Kant Tori Read
- "Wait Until the Summer's Gone"
Selected music video specials (as director)
- Live at Caesar's Palace
- Live from Central Park
- Live at the Greek Theatre
- Gloria Estefan's Caribbean Soul: The Atlantis Concert
- The Concert from Madison Square Garden
- The Concert from South Africa
- Pee Wee Herman
- Sam Kinison
- George Carlin
- Robin Williams
- Whoopi Goldberg
- Dane Cook
- George Lopez
- Jerry Seinfeld
- Chris Rock
- Will Ferrell
Selected TV series (as show creator)
- Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Baltimore Ravens (2001)
- Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Kansas City Chiefs (2007)
- Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Dallas Cowboys (2008)
- Episode #1.1
- Episode #1.2
- Episode #1.3
- Episode #1.4
- Episode #1.5
- Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cincinnati Bengals (2009)
– Episode #1.1
– Episode #1.2
– Episode #1.3
– Episode #1.4
Awards and nominations
- Emmy Awards
- 1991: Outstanding Lighting Direction (Electronic) for a Drama Series, Variety Series, Miniseries or a Special (Cher... at the Mirage)
- 1997: Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special (Diva Las Vegas), Outstanding Directing for a Variety or Music Program (Diva Las Vegas)
- 1998: Outstanding Directing for a Variety or Music Program (Garth: Live from Central Park)
- 1999: Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special (Jerry Seinfeld: 'I'm Telling You for the Last Time')
- 2003: Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special (Robin Williams: Live on Broadway), Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special (Rolling Stones: Forty Licks World Tour Live at Madison Square Garden)
- Directors Guild of America Awards
- 1999: Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Musical/Variety (Jerry Seinfeld: I'm Telling You for the Last Time)
- 2003: Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Musical/Variety (Robin Williams: Live on Broadway)
- 2004: Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Musical/Variety (Rolling Stones: Forty Licks World Tour Live at Madison Square Garden)
- CableACE Awards
- 1995: Music Special (Madonna: The Girlie Show - Live Down Under)