Mayor of Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Mayor of Fair Lawn, New Jersey: Fair Lawn was incorporated as a borough by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 6, 1924, as "Fairlawn", from portions of Saddle River Township. In Fair Lawn, residents elect the council members who then vote among themselves as to who will serve a one-year term as mayor.
- Steven Weinstein 2007.
- Marty Etler 2006. He was the thirtieth mayor.
- David L. Ganz 1999 to 2005.
- Edward J. Trawinski ? to 1999.
- Steve R. Rothman 1998.
- Robert M. Gordon (born 1950) 1988 to 1991.
- Lewis Sprechman c. 1987.
- Joseph Matule 1956.
- George Richardson (mayor) 1955.
- Frank Sogorka 1954.
- Elden M. Shonka 1953.
- John K. Pollitt 1950 to 1952.
- X 1924. First mayor of Fair Lawn.
- "Mayors of Fair Lawn, New Jersey". Political Graveyard. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "The Story of New Jersey's Civil Boundaries: 1606–1968", John P. Snyder, Bureau of Geology and Topography; Trenton, New Jersey; 1969. p. 77
- "Lisa Swain named mayor of Fair Lawn". Community News. January 13, 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
Councilwoman Lisa Swain was unanimously selected as the mayor at the annual reorganization meeting on Jan. 4. In Fair Lawn, residents elect the council members who then vote among themselves as to who will serve a one-year term as mayor. Swain is the fourth woman to be named to the position in the borough’s history. ...
- "Freeholder David L. Ganz". Bergen County, New Jersey. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
An accomplished lawyer, a dynamic author and speaker, he previously served as the 29th Mayor of the Borough of Fair Lawn, New Jersey (the 4th largest municipality in Bergen County) from 1999-2005
- "Is a Buffer-Zone Law Fair if There Is No Room for a Buffer?". New York Times. January 3, 1999. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
... said Edward J. Trawinski, mayor of Fair Lawn, which borders Saddle Brook.
- "Senator Robert M. Gordon". New Jersey. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
Fair Lawn Ethics Board 1999-2003, Chair; N.J. Democratic State Committee 1993-98; Democratic National Convention Delegate 1992, 1988; Fair Lawn Borough Council 1986-95, Planning Board 1986-95, Mayor 1988-91; Fair Lawn Fire Commissioner 1986-95; N.J. Office of the Governor 1990-91, Aide; U.S. Congressional Budget Office 1975-77, Analyst
- "A Jersey Suburb with Some Surprises". New York Times. January 8, 1995. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
According to Lewis Sprechman, a broker at Nat Sprechman Realty on Fair Lawn Avenue and a former mayor, homes on the east side of the borough sell for $350,000 to $400,000.
- "16 Jersey Towns Elect Officials. Long Branch's Mayor Upset. Those of Ridgefield Park, Fair Lawn, Montclair Win". New York Times. May 9, 1956. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
Mayor Joseph Matule won reelection to a second team in Fair Lawn with 3,662 ...
- "Prosecutor in Jersey Refuses Mayor's Request in Fire-Engine Row". New York Times. December 29, 1936. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
Mayor Nicholas A. Kuiken tried today to have five members of his Town Council arrested for voting to ...