|Born||26 November 1990|
Lviv, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|FIDE rating||2635 (November 2019)|
|Peak rating||2685 (March 2018)|
Kravtsiv was taught how to play chess on his sixth birthday by his father. Later, he trained in a Lviv Chess Club. In the 2008 World Mind Sports Games in Beijing, Kravtsiv won the gold medal in the men's individual blitz event. In 2010, he tied for 1st-6th places with Dmitry Kokarev, Alexey Dreev, Maxim Turov, Baskaran Adhiban and Aleksej Aleksandrov in the 2nd Orissa Open tournament in Bhubaneshwar. In 2011, Kravtsiv won the 3rd Chennai Open. The following year, he tied for 1st–5th with Pentala Harikrishna, Parimarjan Negi, Tornike Sanikidze and Tigran Gharamian in the Cappelle-la-Grande Open. He tied for first with Andrei Volokitin and Zahar Efimenko in the 2015 Ukrainian Chess Championship, held in his native city of Lviv, finishing second on tiebreak. In 2016, Kravtsiv won the Riga Technical University Open edging out Hrant Melkumyan, Arturs Neiksans, Aleksey Goganov and Jiri Stocek on tiebreak score.
In team events, Kravtsiv played for Ukraine in the 2006 U-16 Chess Olympiad, which was won by his team, and the World Team Chess Championship in 2017.He is 1st Gujarat open GM tournament 2018 champion.
- "Grandmaster Interview with Martyn Kravtsiv and Game". Chess Videos, Chess DVDs, Chess Software and more. 2011-12-03. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "02nd Orissa Open Grandmaster TMT". FIDE. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- Mihailov, Anton (2011-01-27). "Martyn Kravtsiv Wins Chennai Open 2011". FIDE. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- Ramirez, Alejandro (2012-03-12). "Harikrishna tops 74 GMs in Cappelle-La-Grande". Chess News. ChessBase. Retrieved 2012-03-13.
- "GM Andrei Volokitin is the 2015 Ukraine Chess Champion". Chessdom. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "Riga Technical University Open 2016 | The Week in Chess". theweekinchess.com. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- Biography, blog, games, gallery at Chess site of Lviv grandmasters
- Martyn Kravtsiv chess games at 365chess.com
- Martyn Kravtsiv player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Martyn Kravtsiv team chess record at Olimpbase.org