Martyn James Snow (born 1968) is a British Anglican bishop. Since 2013, he has been the Bishop of Tewkesbury. He previously served as Archdeacon of Sheffield and Rotherham from 2010 to 2013. He was acting diocesan Bishop of Gloucester from 5 August 2014 until Rachel Treweek took up the role of diocesan bishop.
Snow was educated at Sheffield University.
Snow ordained in 1995. He was an assistant curate at St Andrew's Brinsworth with Catcliffe and Treeton before service with the Church Mission Society in Guinea. He was Vicar of Christ Church, Pitsmoor from 2001 to 2010 and Area Dean of Ecclesfield from 2007.
On 15 December 2015, it was announced that Snow would be translated to become Bishop of Leicester in 2016.
- ^ Sheffield Diocesan Board of Finance
- ^ Crockford's Clerical Directory on-line accessed Saturday 2 July 2011 10:31 GMT
- ^ Diocese of Gloucester — Letter from the Bishop of Tewkesbury (Accessed 7 August 2014)
- ^ Who's Who 2012 – Snow, Martyn James
- ^ Prime Minister's Office, 10 Downing Street (15 December 2015). "Bishop of Leicester: Martyn James Snow — Press releases — GOV.UK". gov.uk (Press release). Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- ^ Diocese of Leicester — Welcome to the New Bishop of Leicester (Accessed 15 December 2015)