|Origin||Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||Technical death metal, progressive death metal|
|Years active||1994–2012 (On hiatus)|
|Associated acts||Voivod, Gorguts, Quo Vadis, Cryptopsy, Kataklysm, Eclipse Prophecy, Beneath the Massacre|
|Past members||Pier-Luc Lampron|
Formed in 1994 by brothers Daniel (guitar, vocals) and François Mongrain (bass), along with Pier-Luc Lampron (guitar) and François Richard (drums), Martyr recorded a demo tape in September 1995 titled Ostrogoth. In September 1997, the drummer François Richard left the band being replaced by Patrice Hamelin, the full-length debut Hopeless Hopes was self-released in November that same year.
Martyr independently released their second album, Warp Zone, in 2000. Lampron had left the band and was replaced on the guitar by Martin Carbonneau.
Daniel Mongrain joined Voivod in 2008, under the nickname "Chewy".
- Daniel Mongrain (1994–present) - guitar, vocals
- Martin Carbonneau (2002–present) - guitar
- François Mongrain (1994–present) - bass, backing vocals
- Pier-Luc Lampron (1994–2001) - guitar
- François Richard (1994–1997) - drums
- Patrice Hamelin (1997–2012) - drums
- Extracting the Core (2001)
- Havoc in Quebec City (2008)
- "Kataklysm Get Huge Toronto Metalhead Support". Chart Attack, Pete Richards - Jun 9, 2008
- "Martyr Interview with Daniel and François Mongrain". hardtimes.ca. 2008-04-08. Archived from the original on 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Martyr Feeding the Abscess". Sputnik, Review by Mike Stagno December 22, 2006
- "Martyr - Warp Zone". Chronicles of Chaos, 25/10/2000 by: Brian Meloon
- "Martyr Feeding the Abscess". Exclaim!, By Jill Mikkelson Feb 15, 2007
- "Martyr, Feeding the Abscess". Deadtide, K. Huckins. Archived at the Wayback Machine
- "Martyr Havoc in Quebec City. Exclaim!, By Bill Whish, Oct 23, 2008