||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Origin||Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||Technical death metal, progressive metal, death metal|
|Years active||1994–2012 (On hiatus)|
|Associated acts||Voivod, Gorguts, Quo Vadis, Cryptopsy, Kataklysm, Eclipse Prophecy, Beneath the Massacre|
|Past members||Pier-Luc Lampron
Martyr is a Canadian death metal band from Trois-Rivières, Québec, founded in 1994 by brothers Daniel and François Mongrain. Their musical style consist of mostly progressive use of melodics and variations of thrash and death metal influences.
 Formed in 1994 by brothers Daniel (guitar, vocals) and François Mongrain (bass), along with Pier-Luc Lampron (guitar) and François Richard (drums), Martyr recorded a demo tape in September 1995 titled Ostrogoth. In September 1997, the drummer François Richard left the band being replaced by Patrice Hamelin, the full-length debut Hopeless Hopes was self-released in November that same year.
- Daniel Mongrain (1994–present) - guitar, vocals
- Martin Carbonneau (2002–present) - guitar
- François Mongrain (1994–present) - bass, backing vocals
- Pier-Luc Lampron (1994–2001) - guitar
- François Richard (1994–1997) - drums
- Patrice Hamelin (1997–2012) - drums
- Extracting the Core (2001)
- Havoc in Quebec City (2008)
- "Martyr Interview with Daniel and François Mongrain". hardtimes.ca. 2008-04-08. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|