|Traded as||TYO: 1333|
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||Osaka, Japan March 31, 1943|
|Headquarters||2-20 3-chome, Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8603, Japan|
|Shigeru Ito, (CEO and President)|
|Revenue||$ 8.614 billion (FY 2012) (¥ 809.789 billion) (FY 2012)|
|$ 58 million (FY 2012) (¥ 5.448 billion) (FY 2012)|
Number of employees
|12,335 (consolidated) (as of December 2013)|
|Footnotes / references|
Maruha Nichiro Corporation (マルハニチロ株式会社, Maruha Nichiro Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese seafood company, beginning its operation in 1880, when its founder, Ikujiro Nakabe, began a fish sale business in Osaka. The company is the largest of its kind in Japan, with Nippon Suisan Kaisha and Kyokuyo Co., Ltd. as its main competitors.
Group Slogan is "Bringing Delicious Delight to the World." 
- 1880 - The founder, Ikujiro Nakabe, begins purchasing fish from fishermen for sale to wholesalers at the wholesale fish market in Osaka
- 1904 - Operation base moved to Shimonoseki in Yamaguchi Prefecture
- 1924 - Incorporated as K.K. Hayashikane Shoten, ending the era of private operation
- 1943 - Corporate name changed to Nishi Taiyo Gyogyo Tosei K.K.
- 1945 - Corporate name changed to Taiyo Gyogyo K.K. (Taiyo Fishery Co., Ltd.) (virtually all overseas assets and operations lost at the end of World War II)
- 1949 - Corporate headquarters moved to Tokyo
- Taiyo professional baseball club (present-day Yokohama DeNA BayStars) established
- 1951 - Overseas operations started
- 1960 - Operations expanded from the marine products business into feeds and livestock production
- 1978 - New headquarters building completed in central Tokyo
- 1993 - New trademark adopted and corporate name changed to Maruha Corporation (Maruha Kabushiki Kaisha)
- 1996 - Acquisition of Taiyo Seafoods Co., Ltd.
- 2004 - Maruha Group Inc. established as a holding company
- 2007 - Economic union of Maruha Group Inc. and Nichiro Corporation merged into Maruha Nichiro Holdings, Inc.
- 2014 - Reorganization of the company structure and adoption of the Maruha Nichiro Corporation name and listing of the company's stock on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- "Corporate Data". Archived from the original on August 7, 2017. Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Financial Statement 2013" (PDF). Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Corporate History". Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Our values: an essential part of society". Our Values | Maruha Nichiro. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- "Group Companies". Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Major seafood firms Maruha, Nichiro to merge in October". TMC News. December 11, 2006. Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Maruha Nichiro completes merger". undercurrent news. April 2, 2014. Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- Official website (in English)
|This article about a Japanese corporation- or company-related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|