Marukome headquarters and factory in Nagano
|Revenue||JPY 43.9 billion (FY 2016) (US$ 390 million) (FY 2016)|
Number of employees
|436 (as of March 31, 2017)|
|Footnotes / references|
Marukome Co.,Ltd. (マルコメ株式会社 Marukome Kabushiki-gaisha) is the name of a Japanese miso soup paste producer. Its headquarters are located in the city of Nagano. Marukome accounts for about 13% of the amount of miso produced in Japan each year which makes them one of the top in production volume among 2,500 miso producers in Japan.
As a commercial gimmick, Marukome has organized contests for kids to become "Marukome Boy" (マルコメくん) who subsequently represents the company in advertisement. To be a winner, the Marukome Boy should look similar to the company logo of a small boy with a bald head.
- "Company Profile" (in Japanese). Marukome. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- "About Marukome". Marukome. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- Shurtleff, William; Aoyagi, Akiko (February 19, 2014). History of Soybeans and Soyfoods in Japan, and in Japanese Cookbooks and Restaurants outside Japan (701 CE to 2014). Soyinfo Center. p. 2459. ISBN 978-1-928914-65-5.
- Nancy Luna (December 6, 2007). "Japanese miso giant opens Irvine factory". The Orange County Register. Retrieved December 16, 2007.
- McGee, Oona (July 22, 2017). "Japanese company produces organic miso powder in collaboration with model Miranda Kerr". SoraNews24. Retrieved April 3, 2018 – via Japan Today.
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Japanese cuisine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|