|Born||1 May 1993|
|Height||2.12 m (6 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
Marvadene (Bubbles) Anderson (born 1 May 1993) is a Jamaican basketball and netball player, at one time recognized as the world's tallest teenage girl at 6 ft 11.5 in (2.12 m). Anderson is originally from Prospect in Clarendon Parish, where she attended Edwin Allen Comprehensive High School. She also played in the Jamaican U16 netball team. Anderson subsequently travelled to the United States on a basketball scholarship to Rutgers Preparatory School in New Jersey.
As the world's tallest teenage girl, Anderson was featured on The Learning Channel documentary The World's Tallest Children, and in 2010 she was interviewed on The Oprah Winfrey Show. Anderson committed to play basketball at the University of Pittsburgh, and redshirted during the 2012-13 season.
- "World's tallest teenage girl: 6ft 11.5 ins, size 11 feet". The Daily Telegraph. 2010-04-26. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- Gaynor, Jonique (2008-04-16). "Tallest 14 -y-o in Jamaica?". The Jamaica Star Online. Archived from the original on 2010-04-04. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- Walters, Kimesha (2008-06-29). "Great prospects at Prospect". Jamaica Gleaner. Archived from the original on 2011-08-12. Retrieved 2010-03-17.
- "Marvadene Anderson: Reaching for the stars". The Jamaica Star Online. 2008-04-18. Archived from the original on 2011-05-19. Retrieved 2010-03-17.
- Chiaramonte, Perry; Fagen, Cynthia R. (2009-12-21). "NJ hoops gal a huge star". New York Post. Retrieved 2010-03-17.
- Hancel, Andrew (2009-12-23). "World's tallest teen turns basketball phenom". Jamaica Observer. Retrieved 2010-03-17.
- Bogle, Dania (2010-02-24). "J'can teen netballer on Oprah show". Jamaica Observer. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- Dunleavy, Ryan (2011-11-06). "Marvadene Anderson verbals to Pittsburgh women's hoops". Scarlet Scuttlebutt. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
|This biographical article relating to a Jamaican basketball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to Jamaican netball is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|