Marvel Music is Marvel Studios's music arm. Marvel Music used to be an imprint of Marvel Comics, and the former music publishing subsidiaries of Marvel Entertainment Group, Mighty Marvel Music Corporation and Marvel Music Group, Inc..
Mighty Marvel Music Corporation and Marvel Music Group, Inc. (both incorporated on July 29, 1981) ) were music publishing subsidiaries of Marvel Entertainment Group that were retained by New World Entertainment when Marvel was sold to Andrews Group in 1989. and were with New World when they were sold to Fox.
|Parent company||Marvel Comics|
|Headquarters location||New York City|
|Key people||Mike Warlow, Publisher & Mort Todd, Editor & Karl Bollers, Asst. Editor|
|Fiction genres||Rock and roll|
Marvel Music was a short-lived Marvel Comics imprint published in 1994–1995, launched by music business veteran Mike Warlow as Publisher with Editor Mort Todd. These comics featured the life stories of famous musicians and bands, some being closely biographical while others were only loosely based on fact.
The imprint was launched with Alice Cooper's "The Last Temptation" in June 1994.
- Bob Marley: Tale Of The Tuff Gong #1-3 (1994–1995)
- Alice Cooper: The Last Temptation #1-3, by Neil Gaiman and Michael Zulli, with Alice Cooper (1994) — based on The Last Temptation album by Alice Cooper
- The Compleat Alice Cooper: Incorporating the Three Acts of Alice Cooper, The Last Temptation, by Neil Gaiman; Michael Zulli; Alice Cooper (1995)
- Break The Chain, based on the life of KRS-One — issue #1 included a Rap music audio cassette reading of the comic (1994)
- Woodstock, 1969-1994, by Mort Todd and Charles Schneider, illustrated by Pat Redding (1994) ISBN 0-7851-0075-X
- Marty Stuart: Marty Party In Space, by Marty Stuart, Paul S. Newman, and Pat Boyette (1995)
- Billy Ray Cyrus, by Paul S. Newman, Dan Barry, and Gail Beckett (1995)
- Rolling Stones: Voodoo Lounge, by Dave McKean (1995)
- Onyx: Fight!", by Karl Bollers and Larry Lee (1995)
|Predecessor||Mighty Marvel Music Corporation
and Marvel Music Group, Inc.
|Founded||September 22, 2005|
Marvel Music, Inc. is the music publishing and licensing company and subsidiary of the Marvel Studios.
Marvel Music, Inc. was incorporated on September 9, 2005 to manage Marvel Studios' and Marvel Animation's filmed music. At the New York ComiCon in 2009, Marvel announced Marvel Music would begin licensing its music and scores with a Iron Man: Armored Adventures theme song free download cards promo with songs being for sale on iTunes.
Beginning in 2012 with the release of Avengers Assemble, Disney Music Group's Hollywood Records label began distributing Marvel Music's albums. In 2014, Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 became the first Marvel Music album to be certified Gold—and subsequently certified Platinum—by the Recording Industry Association of America, as well as the first soundtrack album in history to top the Billboard 200 chart, while consisting entirely of previously released songs.
- "Entity Search: Mighty Marvel Music Corporation file number 0919369". Department of State: Division of Corporations. State of Delaware. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Entity Search: Marvel Music Group, Inc. file number 0919368". Department of State: Division of Corporations. State of Delaware. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "New World Entertainment Inc. Completes Sale of Marvel for $82.5 Million; Company Begins 1989 With Busy Schedule and Further Debt Reduction". PR Newswire. January 25, 1989. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "List of Principal Subsidiaries of the Company". Annual Report· Form 10-K · For 6/30/99. secinfo.com. p. 3. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- Considine, J.D. (July 10, 1994). "Comics That Rock -- It's Not The New Music Video - Yet - But The Comic Book Has Become A Hot Marketing Tool For Top Names In Rock,". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- Maria Kleinman, Disney Music Group Publicity. (March 28, 2013). Heroes Fall Album Of Music Inspired By Marvel's "Iron Man 3" Set For Release April 30. PR Newswire. American City Business Journals. Accessed on December 30, 2013.
- "Entity Search: Marvel Music, Inc. file number 4034835". Department of State: Division of Corporations. State of Delaware. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "Patrick Doyle Thor [B.O.F] , album, ecouter, CD, Music Story". Music Story. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- Super Hero Soundtracks Are Coming to iTunes. Marvel Entertainment. Accessed on December 30, 2014.
- Wood, Mikael (August 13, 2014). "'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack shoots to No. 1 on Billboard 200". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "Marvel Music And Hollywood Records' Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 1 Soundtrack Is Certified Gold". PR Newsire. September 25, 2014. Retrieved September 26, 2014.