Hamilton playing for Whitehawk in 2019
|Full name||Marvin Hamilton-Omole|
|Date of birth||8 October 1988|
|Place of birth||Leytonstone, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2008||→ Folkestone Invicta (loan)||4||(2)|
|2011–2012||Hemel Hempstead Town||4||(0)|
|2017||→ Margate (loan)||10||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 5 November 2020|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 10 May 2019
Marvin Hamilton-Omole (born 8 October 1988), more generally known as Marvin Hamilton, is a footballer who plays as a defender for Whitehawk. Born in England, he was called up to the Sri Lankan national team for which he is eligible through his mother.
Hamilton began his career with Gillingham and has subsequently gone on to play for a number of non-League clubs in the south of England, as well as spending brief spells playing in Cyprus, Australia and the USA.
After junior trials with Arsenal, Hamilton also played for Waltham Forest and Ridgeway Rovers before joining Gillingham as a youth player in July 2005. He signed as a professional on a one-year contract on the eve of the 2007–08 season and made his first-team debut as a substitute in an away defeat to Luton Town on 25 August 2007. After a change of manager and a loan spell at Folkestone Invicta, he was released by Gillingham on 31 March 2008  and joined Dover Athletic. Hamilton started the 2008–09 season as a trialist at AFC Wimbledon and Lincoln City before signing for Cypriot side APEP in January 2010. Hamilton played for Hemel Hempstead Town and then joined Conference South club Eastbourne Borough on 24 February 2012.
Hamilton then had a brief spell playing in Australia, first in the Victoria Premier for Southern Stars (now known as Dingley Stars) before moving in the July 2013 transfer window to Albany Creek in the Brisbane Premier League. After a trial at Chelmsford City, Hamilton joined Isthmian League club Ware, where he scored the league goal of the month in April 2014.
Hamilton returned to The Sports for the 2014–15 season  before being released in February 2015 and signing for Whitehawk until the end of the season. After a spell playing in the US, Hamilton signed briefly for Dartford on 6 August 2015  and then Isthmian League side VCD Athletic before re-joining Eastbourne Borough for the third time on 30 October.
Hamilton is eligible to represent England, Nigeria and Sri Lanka. He was first called up to the Sri Lankan national team, for which he qualifies through his mother, on 7 May 2019. This was for the upcoming FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 & AFC Asian Cup 2023 Preliminary Joint Qualification Round 1.
- Hugman, Barry J. (ed) (2008). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2008-09. Mainstream. ISBN 978-1-84596-324-8.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Official Gillingham website Archived 18 June 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Official Gillingham website
- "More Squad Additions on eve of Staines Fixture". Eastbourne Borough F.C. 24 February 2012. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- "Sinclair among four Boro signings". The Argus. 8 August 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Eastbourne Borough part with two players". The Argus. 26 February 2015. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "South American among three signings for Whitehawk". The Argus. 8 August 2015. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Dartford FC sign Mark Onyemah on loan from Luton Town and fellow full-back Marvin Hamilton". Kent Online. 6 August 2015. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Hamilton Returns to Eastbourne". Vanarama National League. 30 October 2015. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "Hawks make first summer signings". Pitchero Non League. 27 June 2016. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- "31 player Sri Lanka Pool for World Cup Qualifiers". ThePapare.com. 7 May 2019. Retrieved 10 May 2019.
- Marvin Hamilton at Soccerbase