Marvin Jones (basketball)
|Position||Power forward / Center|
ABA League First Division
|Born||December 29, 1993|
|Listed height||7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)|
|Listed weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school||Thornton Township|
|NBA draft||2017 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Marvin Jermaine Jones (born October 8, 1993) is an American professional basketball player. Standing at 2.13 m (7'0"), he plays the power forward and the Center positions. After playing four years of college basketball Jones entered the 2017 NBA draft, but he was not selected in the draft's two rounds.
High school career
Jones played high school basketball at Thornton Township High School in Harvey, Illinois under head coach Troy Jackson. Jones was named to the NWI Times Illinois All-Area honorable mention honors as a senior and helped the Wildcats capture four consecutive regional championships. He also helped the Wolverines capture a state championship during his sophomore season.
As a freshman at Highland Community College, Jones averaged 1.6 points and 1.8 rebounds per game. As a sophomore, he earned NJCAA First Team All-Region IV honors after leading Highland to a 27-8 record and NJCAA Di National Tournament berth. He led the Cougars with 7.9 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game while scoring 9.0 points per game and shooting 57.9% from the field. On 2014, Jones was transferred to Kent State. With Kent State, he played in 27 games with one start and in 8.8 minutes he averaged 1.7 points and 1.9 rebounds per game with a total of seven blocks and four assists on the season. The following season, he was again transferred to Texas Southern, and at the end of the season, he was the SWAC Tournament MVP and the SWAC Defensive Player of the Year.
- "Kent State Bio". Archived from the original on August 13, 2017. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- "2014 Kent State Basketball Recruiting: JUCO PF Marvin Jones Signs With Golden Flashes". hustlebelt.com. April 24, 2014. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- "Second-chance players find home, enjoy new success at Texas Southern". expressnews.com. March 16, 2017. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- "Kolossos Rhodes sign rookie Marvin Jones". sportando.com. July 7, 2017. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- Olimpija Ljubljana signs Marvin Jones.