Zeegelaar in 2013
|Full name||Marvin Romeo Kwasie Zeegelaar|
|Date of birth||12 August 1990|
|Place of birth||Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Left back / Midfielder|
|2011||→ Excelsior (loan)||12||(0)|
|2013||→ Blackpool (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 April 2018|
Born in Amsterdam of Surinamese descent, Zeegelaar finished his formation with local AFC Ajax. He made his competitive debut on 12 November 2008, coming on as a substitute for Siem de Jong in a match against FC Volendam for the KNVB Cup.
In the 2011 January transfer window, Zeegelaar was loaned to fellow Eredivisie club SBV Excelsior, appearing regularly and helping his team avoid relegation in the playoffs. In the summer, he signed a four-year contract with RCD Espanyol in Spain, being assigned to the B-team.
In the summer of 2014, Zeegelaar signed a two-year contract with Rio Ave F.C. from the Portuguese Primeira Liga. He made his debut in the competition on 21 September, playing the second half of the 1–2 home loss to F.C. Arouca; he finished his first season with 25 games and one goal, helping to a final tenth position.
With only six months to go before he became a free agent, Rio Ave accepted Sporting Clube de Portugal's bid of €400.000 in November 2015, and Zeegelaar penned a three-and-a-half-year deal which became effective in the following transfer window. In his only full season, he appeared in 26 games across all competitions to help to a final third position, battling for position with Brazilian Jefferson Nascimento.
- As of the end of the 2017–18 season
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Espanyol B (loan)||2011–12||Segunda División B||5||0||0||0||—||0||0||5||0|
|Rio Ave||2014–15||Primeira Liga||25||1||5||0||6||0||0||0||36||1|
|Rio Ave total||37||4||7||0||7||0||0||0||51||4|
- "Updated squads for 2017/18 Premier League confirmed". Premier League. 2 February 2018. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- "Zeegelaar kan contract-voorstel verwachten" [Zeegelaar expects contract offer] (in Dutch). AFC Ajax. 12 November 2008. Retrieved 26 December 2008.
- "Aanvaller Zeegelaar verruilt Ajax voor Espanyol B" [Defender Zeegelaar swaps Ajax for Espanyol B] (in Dutch). Voetbal International. 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "Zeegelaar arrives on loan". Blackpool F.C. 3 September 2013. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- "Rio Ave 1–2 Arouca" (in Portuguese). SAPO. 21 September 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- "Rio Ave e Nacional empatam" [Rio Ave and Nacional draw] (in Portuguese). SAPO. 9 March 2015. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- "Zeegelaar chega a Alvalade em janeiro por 400 mil euros" [Zeegelaar arrives at Alvalade in January for 400 thousand euros]. Diário de Notícias (in Portuguese). 13 November 2015. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Sem dizer o nome, Jesus confirma Zeegelaar" [Without saying name, Jesus confirms Zeegelaar] (in Portuguese). Rádio Renascença. 15 December 2015. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Jefferson ou Zeegelaar? Decide Jesus" [Jefferson or Zeegelaar? Jesus decides]. Record (in Portuguese). 8 February 2017. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Sporting perto de vender Marvin Zeegelaar ao Sevilha por 3 milhões de euros" [Sporting close to selling Marvin Zeegelaar to Sevilla for 3 million euros] (in Portuguese). SAPO. 15 August 2017. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- "Hornets sign Zeegelaar". Watford F.C. 31 August 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Watford 2–0 West Ham United". BBC Sport. 19 November 2017. Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- "Arjen Robben returns to Netherlands squad for Belgium, Luxembourg games". ESPN FC. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- Marvin Zeegelaar at Soccerway. Retrieved 22 August 2015.