January 3, 1960
|Alma mater||Sardar Patel Vidyalaya|
|Occupation||Film Maker, Educator, Social Worker, Philanthropist, Studio Owner, Journalist|
|Spouse(s)||Reena Kapoor Marwah|
In 1986, Marwah submitted a project of Film city to Noida Authority, an idea which was out right rejected by all the different authorities of Delhi Administration for lack of interest and space. Then the Chairman & CEO of Noida Yogesh Chandra accepted the project which was cleared by Late Chief Minister Veer Bahadur Singh of Uttar Pradesh Government in 1987 December. In 1988 allotments were made for Noida Film City.
In 1991, he established the Marwah Films And Video Studios, which became the first professional Studios of North India. Later in 1993 he expanded this to the Marwah Films and Video Productions. In 1993, Marwah also established the International Film and Television Club to promote films culture in North and to give value addition to education at AAFT. He functions as the president and owner of the Asian Academy Of Film & Television. IFTC conducts many film related programs and started film festivals for the country including AAFT Festival of Short Digital Films [91 Edition], ASMS Festival of Short Films [10th Edition], International Festival of Cellphone Cinema [9th Edition], WECARE Film Festival [10th Edition], ASC Festival of Films [2nd Edition], International Sufi Film Festival [5th Edition] and Global Film Festival [9th Edition]. Alongside the IFTC Marwah also started the International Film and Television Research Centre.
In 1993, he founded and established the first private film school of the country under the name and banner of Asian Academy Of Film & Television. In 2003, the government university University of Media Arts was created. The university was funded by the government and Marwah acted as Vice Chancellor of the university. The university provided both undergraduate and graduate degrees. However, after three years the university had to shut down because the government could no longer afford to fund it. After the shutdown of the university, Marwah helped in founding a new college, the Asian School of Media Studies.  This college became the first one to grant a film degree in the country. Marwah also wanted to open a business school, the Asian Business School. Seeing the success of ASMS, the government permitted Marwah to open a college that could grant AICTE Diploma and Masters in Business Administration. Marwah also started the International Children's Film Forum and the International Public Broadcasting Forum. Under the banner of the ICFF Marwah also founded Apna School, Apni Library and Apni Silai Ghar (a technical school) for underprivileged children.
In April 2015, Marwah founded the Asian Premier League. The APL is a mixed-sports event and in the first ever APL in 2015 over 400 students participated..
According to the Government of India a world record was achieved during the 19th Commonwealth Games Delhi when the Marwah Team walked with the Queen’s Baton and covered 1000 hours of filming, 10,000 pictures, 102 short films of 2 minutes for daily international telecast, 102 radio programs by covering 28 states, 7 union territories, 20,000 km, 300 events, 900 cities in 102 days.
In 2015, Marwah received an award by the Tibetan Prime Minister, Dr. Lobsang Sangay, for his "contribution to the World Peace, Universal Brotherhood, Media and his enduring support for the Global Cooperative Movement".
Sandeep is married to Reena Kapoor, a fashion designer. Reena is the daughter of Indian film producer Surinder Kapoor. With her he has two sons Mohit and Akshay. Sandeep’s eldest son Mohit is an upcoming actor and younger one Akshay is the CEO of Marwah Studios.
- Sandeep Marwah Special Invitee at ICA Meet at the Speaking Tree; published June 19, 2014;retrieved June 27, 2014
- Sandeep Marwah Honored By Padma Bhushan Shobhana Ranade, at the itimes.com; published February 27, 2012; retrieved June 27, 2014
- Sandeep Marwah President AAFT at the [aaft.com]; retrieved July 7, 2014
- Randhir Kapoor graces 7th Global Film Festival at Marwah Studios in Noida at the [Times Of India]; published Nov 14, 2014;retrieved Nov 24, 2016
- Pukaar News joins forces with the founder of Noida Film City at the Pukaar News; published July 10, 2014;retrieved Nov 24, 2016
- Sandeep Marwah Accompalishments at the Sandeep Marwah.com; published June 19, 2014;retrieved Nov 24, 2016
- Asian Premier League Launched at Marwah Studios at the PR Newswire; published April 6, 2015;retrieved Nov 24, 2016
- Sandeep Marwah Honored With ISMRAX International Award at Bangkok for his Five-world Record at the Pr Newswire; published Sep 1, 2014;retrieved Nov 24, 2016
- Sandeep Marwah: A Matchless Patron of Peace, Love and Unity at the PR Newswire; published Jan 05, 2015 ;retrieved Nov 24, 2016
- Fugly screening: Cousins Sonam Kaoor, Jhanvi, aunt Sridevi cheer for Mohit Marwah at the IndianExpress.com; published June 13, 2014;retrieved July 7, 2014
- Delhi-based filmmaker’s short films go global at the Times of India; published March 22, 2014;retrieved Nov 24, 2016