|Village of Marwayne|
|Census Division||No. 10|
|Municipal district||County of Vermilion River|
|• Mayor||Morgan Wood (deputy)|
|• Governing body||Marwayne Village Council|
|• Total||1.68 km2 (0.65 sq mi)|
|Elevation||600 m (2,000 ft)|
|• Density||364.5/km2 (944/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
Marwayne lies at the intersection between Highway 45 and Highway 897. The Canadian Pacific Railway runs through the village. The economy is based on agriculture and ranching, with the oil and gas sector playing an important part as well.
The village's name is unusual in combining parts of a personal name and a place name. In commemorates the pioneer Marfleet family, who emigrated from Wainfleet, Lincolnshire, England. The first school in Marwayne opened in 1928.
In the 2011 Census, the Village of Marwayne had a population of 612 living in 232 of its 263 total dwellings, a 17.5% change from its 2006 adjusted population of 521. With a land area of 1.68 km2 (0.65 sq mi), it had a population density of 364.3/km2 (943.5/sq mi) in 2011.
In 2006, Marwayne had a population of 516 living in 225 dwellings, a 4.2% increase from 2001. The village has a land area of 1.15 square kilometres (0.44 sq mi) and a population density of 448.4/km2 (1,161/sq mi).
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. September 16, 2016. Retrieved September 16, 2016.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Temple, Robert D. Edge Effects: The Border-Name Places, (2nd edition, 2009), iUniverse, ISBN 978-0-595-47758-6, page 320.
- Ronaghan, Allen (1973). Earnest-Minded Men : an account of local government in the County of Vermillion River. Kitscoty, Alberta: County of Vermillion River. p. 225.
- "Newsletter: August 2013 (Census Results are In)". Village of Marwayne. August 2013. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- "Alberta 2009 Official Population List" (PDF). Alberta Municipal Affairs. September 15, 2009. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- Statistics Canada. "Canada 2006 Census: Marwayne - Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-08.