Hitz playing for Switzerland in 2015
|Full name||Marwin Hitz|
|Date of birth||18 September 1987|
|Place of birth||St. Gallen, Switzerland|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2005–2008||St. Gallen II||38||(0)|
|2007||→ Yverdon Sport (loan)||2||(0)|
|2008||→ Winterthur (loan)||15||(0)|
|2008–2009||VfL Wolfsburg II||45||(0)|
|2014||FC Augsburg II||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:14, 22 February 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 12 October 2015
Marwin Hitz (born 18 September 1987) is a Swiss footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga. Hitz scored a stoppage-time equalizer in a league match against Bayer 04 Leverkusen on 21 February 2015 (2–2).
Pitch sabotaging incident
On 5 December 2015, Hitz intentionally sabotaged the ground near the penalty spot after a penalty was awarded to 1. FC Köln in their match against Augsburg. Anthony Modeste missed the penalty, and Augsburg went on to win the match 1–0. Hitz later apologised for his actions. Hitz was billed €122.92 by 1. FC Köln for the damage he caused to the pitch, which he agreed to pay.
- "Borussia Dortmund sign Marwin Hitz". bvb.de. Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- "Hitz, Marwin" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- "Augsburg keeper Marwin Hitz scores late equaliser in Bundesliga". BBC Sport. 21 February 2015. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Christenson, Marcus (6 December 2015). "Hitz and miss: Augsburg keeper apologises for sabotaging penalty spot". The Guardian. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Marwin Hitz: Augsburg keeper billed for damaging penalty spot". 8 December 2015. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
|This biographical article relating to Swiss football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|