Mary A. Sewell
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mary Anne Sewell
|Alma mater||University of Alberta|
After a 1993 PhD titled 'Reproductive cycle, sex change, and mortality during brooding of a viviparous sea cucumber Leptosynapta clarki' at the University of Alberta, she moved to the University of Auckland, rising to full professor.
- Levitan, Don R., Mary A. Sewell, and Fu-Shiang Chia. "How distribution and abundance influence fertilization success in the sea urchin Strongylocentotus franciscanus." Ecology 73, no. 1 (1992): 248–254.
- Fendall, Lisa S., and Mary A. Sewell. "Contributing to marine pollution by washing your face: microplastics in facial cleansers." Marine pollution bulletin 58, no. 8 (2009): 1225–1228.
- Hofmann, Gretchen E., James P. Barry, Peter J. Edmunds, Ruth D. Gates, David A. Hutchins, Terrie Klinger, and Mary A. Sewell. "The effect of ocean acidification on calcifying organisms in marine ecosystems: an organism-to-ecosystem perspective." Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics 41 (2010): 127–147.
- Levitan, Don R., Mary A. Sewell, and Fu-Shiang Chia. "Kinetics of fertilization in the sea urchin Strongylocentrotus franciscanus: interaction of gamete dilution, age, and contact time." The Biological Bulletin 181, no. 3 (1991): 371–378.
- O’Donnell, Michael J., Anne E. Todgham, Mary A. Sewell, LaTisha M. Hammond, Katya Ruggiero, Nann A. Fangue, Mackenzie L. Zippay, and Gretchen E. Hofmann. "Ocean acidification alters skeletogenesis and gene expression in larval sea urchins." Marine Ecology Progress Series 398 (2010): 157–171.
- "Professor Mary Sewell - The University of Auckland". unidirectory.auckland.ac.nz.
- "Mary Sewell: Speak up, NZ - ban shark finning". NZ Herald. 6 February 2013 – via www.nzherald.co.nz.
- Arnold, Naomi (22 May 2009). "Dirty Washing". NZ Herald – via www.nzherald.co.nz.
- "Take action on land to save the seas". 20 March 2018.
- "Auckland drinking water not yet tested for microplastic pollution". Stuff.
- "Scientists and skincare companies agree we don't need microbeads". Stuff.
- "Momentum grows for microbead ban". 8 January 2016.
- Mary A. Sewell publications indexed by Google Scholar
- Publications by Mary A. Sewell at ResearchGate