Mary Cal Hollis
Mary Cal Hollis is an American activist. She was a third-party candidate for President of the United States in the 1996 U.S. presidential election, representing the Socialist Party USA (SPUSA) with running mate Eric Chester Hollis and Chester also received the endorsement and ballot line of Vermont's Liberty Union Party, receiving 674 votes (80.1%) in their primary. Hollis appeared on the syndicated radio program Democracy Now! with two other socialist presidential candidates for a discussion and debate. The SPUSA ticket received 4,765 votes in the general election.
Hollis lives in Colorado. She is a native of Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
- United States President Statements: Mary Cal Hollis at website of the Oregon Secretary of State.
- Vermont legislative directory and state manual. 1997. p. 76.
- "Relevance of Socialism in the US Today" October 28, 1996.
- 1996 Official Presidential General Election Results at the website of the Federal Elections Commission.
- Moore, John Leo (2003). Elections A to Z. p. 447.
|Party political offices|
J. Quinn Brisben
|Socialist Party Presidential candidate
|Socialist Party Vice Presidential candidate
Mary Alice Herbert
|This American politician–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|