Mary Elphinstone, Lady Elphinstone
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)|
|Lady Mary Elphinstone|
|Born||Lady Mary Frances Bowes-Lyon
30 August 1883
|Died||8 February 1961
|Spouse(s)||Sidney Elphinstone, 16th Lord Elphinstone|
John Elphinstone, 17th Lord Elphinstone
|Parent(s)||Claude Bowes-Lyon, 14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne
Mary Frances Buller-Fullerton-Elphinstone, Lady Elphinstone and Baroness Elphinstone DCVO (born Lady Mary Frances Bowes-Lyon; 30 August 1883 – 8 February 1961) was a maternal aunt and godparent of Elizabeth II.
Lady Elphinstone was born The Lady Mary Frances Bowes-Lyon on 30 August 1883 in Angus, Scotland, to Claude Bowes-Lyon, 14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne and Cecilia Cavendish-Bentinck. She was an elder sister of Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (later The Queen Mother). She died on 8 February 1961 in Inveresk, Scotland.
Marriage and issue
- The Hon. Mary Elizabeth Elphinstone (1 July 1911 – 16 May 1980)
- The Hon. John Alexander Elphinstone, later 17th Lord Elphinstone (22 March 1914 – 15 November 1975)
- The Hon. Jean Constance Elphinstone (3 April 1915 – 29 November 1999), married Captain John Wills and had issue
- The Revd and Hon. Andrew Charles Victor Elphinstone (10 November 1918 – 19 March 1975), married 1946 Jean Hambro  and had issue
- The Hon. Margaret Elphinstone (born 9 June 1925), married Denys Rhodes and had issue
- "Princess Elizabeth Is A Bridesmaid … 1946". British Pathe.