|Toronto City Councillor for (Ward 29) Toronto-Danforth|
Assumed office |
December 1, 2010
|Preceded by||Case Ootes|
April 22, 1971|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Residence||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Prior to her election, Fragedakis was involved for the previous nine years with Open Dialogue, a conference and seminar organizing company. She is also one of the founders of the Broadview Community Youth Group.
According to the Toronto Sun, Fragedakis "doesn't shy away from the title of being the NDP candidate in the ward." The Sun also reported that she sees eye-to-eye with Mayor Rob Ford on several of his campaign pledges including cutting the personal vehicle tax and the land transfer tax. She has since indicated via her Twitter account that this was not accurate, and she does not agree with those positions.
|2014 Toronto election, Ward 29|
|2010 Toronto election, Ward 29|
- "City hall rookies 2010: Mary Fragedakis, Ward 29". Toronto Star, November 25, 2010
- "Changed council faces new mayor". Toronto Star, October 25, 2010.
- Don Peat, She credits hard work - and good shoes - for win, Toronto Sun, Nov 26, 2010, p. 9.
- Mary Fragedakis, "...not my position even when written...", Twitter, Aug 13, 2014.
- Robyn Doolittle. Critics see KPMG report as ‘smoke and mirrors’, Toronto Star, 22 July 2011.
- City of Toronto elections page Archived 2010-10-26 at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mary Fragedakis.|