Mary Helen Bowers
|Mary Helen Bowers|
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
|Alma mater||Columbia University|
|Occupation||Dancer, fitness professional, author|
|Known for||Black Swan|
|Parent(s)||Fred & Carrie Bowers|
Mary Helen Bowers (born 1979) is an American celebrity fitness guru, entrepreneur and former New York City Ballet dancer originally from Charlotte, North Carolina. She attended Alexander Graham Middle School in Charlotte, North Carolina before leaving for New York. She was a full scholarship student at the School of American Ballet in Manhattan at fifteen years old. One year later she was invited to join the New York City Ballet. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature from Columbia University in New York City. She danced with the New York City Ballet for a decade.
On June 12, 2012, she released her book, "Ballet Beautiful: Transform Your Body and Gain the Strength, Grace, and Focus of a Ballet Dancer." Her list of clients include Natalie Portman, Zooey Deschanel and Liv Tyler. Other celebrities include actress Kirsten Dunst, model Helena Christensen, Karen Elson, Sarah Sophie Flicker and Rachel Antonoff.
- Lacour, Greg (December 24, 2010). "Creating a swan for Hollywood". Charlotte Observer. Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- "Ballet Workout at Home: Mary Helen Bowers – Style News StyleWatch – People.com"
- "Find the Ballerina Within With Mary Helen Bowers | Womens Digital Online Magazine | VIVMag" Archived August 8, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Mary Helen Bowers on 'Ballet Beautiful' – Lifestyle – Eye – WWD.com"
- "Charlotte Magazine 2011"
|This article about someone associated with the art of dance is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|