Mary Island State Park
|Mary Island State Park|
Town of Alexandria
Jefferson County, New York
|Area||13 acres (0.053 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||3,415 (in 2014)|
|Open||Memorial Day to Labor Day|
|Website||Mary Island State Park|
Mary Island State Park is a 13-acre (5.3 ha) state park located in the St. Lawrence River in Jefferson County, New York. The park is situated in the Town of Alexandria on the east end of Wellesley Island, and is accessible only by boat.
Mary Island State Park was purchased by the New York State Fisheries, Game and Forest Commission in 1897. Along with Canoe-Picnic Point State Park, it was one of the first New York state parks established along the St. Lawrence River as part of the St. Lawrence Reservation, a recreation area within the Thousand Islands region authorized by New York State in 1896.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 673. Retrieved February 27, 2016.
- "The State Reservation Upon and Along the St. Lawrence River". Third Annual Report of the Commissioners of Fisheries, Game and Forests of the State of New York. Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford Co., Printers. January 20, 1898. p. 144.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "Mary Island State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "Mary Island State Park - Hours of Operation". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
|This article about a location in Jefferson County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|