Mary Lou Fallis
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)
Mary Lou Fallis CM (born April 22, 1948) is a Canadian opera singer. She performs both serious opera roles and comedic shows as the character Primadonna, a satirical take on popular stereotypes of opera divas. Her recordings are listed on her personal web site.
Born in Toronto, Ontario, Fallis began her education as a singer with her grandmother, Jennie Bouck. She is a graduate of the University of Toronto, and teaches at the University of Western Ontario. She was a judge on the reality series Bathroom Divas: So You Want To Be An Opera Star? in 2006.
In 2011, she was made a Member of the Order of Canada "for her contributions, as a performer and broadcaster, in making classical music more accessible to Canadians across the country." She also won an ACTRA award.
- ^ a b c d e Mary Lou Fallis at The Canadian Encyclopedia.
- ^ "DISCOGRAPHY | Mary Lou Fallis".
- ^ "Appointments to the Order of Canada". June 30, 2011.
- ^ "A hand-me-down Echo ... from her son". The Globe and Mail. October 27, 2010. Retrieved September 30, 2022.
- 1948 births
- Living people
- Canadian comedy musicians
- Canadian sopranos
- Canadian women comedians
- Comedians from Toronto
- Members of the Order of Canada
- Musicians from Toronto
- University of Toronto alumni
- Academic staff of the University of Western Ontario
- Participants in Canadian reality television series
- 20th-century Canadian women opera singers
- 21st-century Canadian women opera singers
- Opera singer stubs
- Canadian singer stubs