Mary Rowell is an American violinist based in New York City. In 1998 Rowell co-founded the string quartet ETHEL. She retired from the group in 2011 but continues to be very active in the downtown New York music community, where she is known as an electric violin soloist. She is a frequent participant in the Tribeca New Music Festival.
Prior to ETHEL, Rowell was a member of the indie band The Silos and the Grammy Award-winning Tango Project. Rowell's best known solo work is her performance of Maxwell’s Demon by Richard Einhorn .
She is a graduate of the Juilliard School.
- "WQXR - New York's Classical Music Radio Station". WQXR. Retrieved 8 January 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-09. Retrieved 2012-04-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "THE SILOS". thesilos.net. Retrieved 8 January 2019.
- Kandell, Leslie (31 May 1998). "MUSIC; A New Sound for Fiesta Time en Cabo De Mayo". Retrieved 8 January 2019 – via NYTimes.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-11-21. Retrieved 2012-04-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)