Mary S. Morgan
Mary Susanna Morgan (born 11 January 1952, Ickenham) FBA FRDAAS, is Professor of the History of Economics in the London School of Economics since 1999, of which she had earlier obtained a BSc in Economics (1978), and her Ph.D. (1984). From 1992–2002 she also worked part-time as Professor of the History and Methodology of Economics in the University of Amsterdam. Since 2002 she is a foreign member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Morgan has made important contributions to the history of economic thought, especially with regard to the history of econometrics, the historical development of measurement in economics, and the evolution and methodological implications of the use of economic models.
Most important publications
- The History of Econometric Ideas, 1990.
- The Foundations of Econometric Analysis (with D. F. Hendry), 1995.
- Models as Mediators (ed. with M. Morrison), 1999.
- The Age of Economic Measurement (ed. with J. Klein), 2001 (History of Political Economy, Annual Supplement to Vol. 33).
- The World in the Model, 2012.
- "Prof Mary S. Morgan". London School of Economics. Archived from the original on January 2, 2007. Retrieved March 18, 2007.
- "Curriculum Vitae 'Mary Susanna Morgan' 2004" (PDF). November 4, 2004. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 2, 2007.
- "Mary Morgan" (in Dutch). Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 15 July 2015.