25 October 1932|
Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
|Associated acts||Rita Schneider, Melinda Schneider|
Mary Schneider AM, (born 25 October 1932 in Rockhampton, Queensland) is an Australian singer, songwriter and performer, who is a master at the classic Swiss Alpine style, she is best known for yodelling the works of various standards by many a classic composer. Her repertoire has covered everything from yodelling of classical music pieces to marches and European folk music tunes. Her daughter is the ARIA Award winning singer songwriter Melinda Schneider is also an Australian country music entertainer and performer. She mainly appears in club and pub venues around Australia, as well as overseas, but has also performed at many arena venues. She performed with her sister Rita Schneider, as part of The Schneider Sisters singing duo, who in 2002 were inducted into the Australian Roll of Renown.
Television and radio
She has appeared on the Don and Mike Show, The Howard Stern Show and National Public Radio in the USA, Spicks and Specks and Enough Rope on ABC TV and Eurotrash in the UK. Schneider was recognised in the Queens birthday honours in 2012.
- Yodeling the Classics (Koch Crossover Music, Catalog #3-6650-2)
- 2001: Yodeling the Classics II (Koch Crossover Music, Catalog #3-6660-2)
- Ultimate Collection
- "The magic of yodelling" (K-tel)
- "Roll of Renown". TCMF. Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- Yodeling The Classics, (broadcast 10 November 1997), All Things Considered
- Louise Nunn, (18 June 2009) Healing power of sweet music, The Advertiser
|This article on an Australian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|