She grew up in northern Virginia. She did her undergraduate work at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, and graduated with a doctorate in English from the University of Minnesota.
Her work has appeared in Southwest Review, Barrow Street, Rattle, River Styx, Atlanta Review, The Evansville Review, Measure, Literary Imagination, The Dark Horse, Mezzo Cammin, Linebreak, Subtropics, Verse Daily, American Life in Poetry, The Poetry Foundation, The Writer's Almanac, and many other venues in print and online, as well an assortment of anthologies. She has been a several-time Pushcart and Best of the Net nominee, a finalist for the 2009 Morton Marr Prize, the 2010 Best of the Net anthology, and the 2011 Able Muse Book Prize, and a winner of the Lyric Memorial Award, the Willis Barnstone Translation Prize, and the Richard Wilbur Award. Her third book, Mid Evil, is the Wilbur Award winner and has been published by the University of Evansville Press.
- 2014 Richard Wilbur Award 
- 2009 Willis Barnstone Translation Prize 
- 2008 Lyric Memorial Award
- Morton Marr Prize
- Able Muse Book Prize, Best of the Net
- "Apophatic", Rattle, January 16, 2015
- "Poetry: "Romance Language" by Maryann Corbett", euphony, winter 2009
- "Before"; "Variorum", Umbrella Journal, 2008
- "Hand", Strong Verse, 10/30/2008
- "Sacred Harp Convention", Poetry Porch
- "Feast of Corpus Christi"; "Transaction", Chimaera, May 2008
- "Layover"; "Built in a Quiet Neighborhood in 1912"; "At the Urgent Care Clinic", Loch Raven, Fall 2006
- "Shrubs for the Northern Garden", Autumn Sky Poetry
- "A Meditation on Dactylic Hexameter", The Barefoot Muse
- Mid Evil, University of Evansville Press; (January, 2015), ISBN 978-0930982744
- Credo for the Checkout Line in Winter, Able Muse Press; (September, 2013), ISBN 978-1-927409-14-5
- Breath Control, David Robert Books; (February 1, 2012), ISBN 9781936370627
- Dissonance, Scienter Press; (December 1, 2009), ISBN 978-0-9776960-8-6
- Gardening in a Time of War (Pudding House, 2007). ISBN 978-1-58998-611-4
- "Blank Verse and Blinders", Shit Creek Review, July 2007
- Directory of indexing and abstracting courses and seminars, Editor Maryann Corbett, Information Today, Inc., 1998, ISBN 978-1-57387-056-6
- "maryanncorbett.com". Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "Security by Maryann Corbett". ShatterColors Literary Review. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- "Maryann Corbett". The HyperTexts. Retrieved 2014-01-12.
- "Maryann Corbett : Blank Verse and Blinders". The Shit Creek Review. 2007-08-01. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- "Directory of Writers | Maryann Corbett". Poets & Writers. 2009-07-22. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- "Maryann Corbett | bio". Able Muse. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- "maryanncorbett.com". Retrieved 2014-02-02.
- Joyce Wilson (ed.). "Poetry Porch : Poets". Poetry Porch. Retrieved 2010-05-02.