Residential buildings, Maryino District
Location of Maryino District in the City of Moscow
|• Total||11.917 km2 (4.601 sq mi)|
| • Estimate |
|Time zone||UTC+3 (MSK )|
Maryino (Russian: район Марьино) is a district of South-Eastern Administrative Okrug of the federal city of Moscow, Russia. Its area is 11.917 square kilometres (4.601 sq mi). Population: 252,597 (2017 est.); 247,479 (2010 Census); 206,388 (2002 Census). It is the most populated district of Moscow.
This section does not cite any sources. (August 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In the early 12th–13th centuries, the area of the modern district was where the village of Maryino stood near Chaginskoye Marshes. The district's name dates back to that village, which itself was called after Mariya Yaroslavna, mother of Tsar Ivan III, who founded the village.
In 1898, Lyublino Aeration Fields were built in this area. The fields occupied the territory of over one thousand hectares. In 1911, Moscow canalization system won a Golden Prize in Brussels. After the Kuryanovo Aeration System had been built in 1978, it was decided to use the territory of the former Lyublino Fields for construction of new apartment buildings. As Moscow grew in later years, the territory was incorporated as Maryino District of Moscow.
In 1996, two metro stations were opened in the district.
- "General Information" (in Russian). Maryino District. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- "26. Численность постоянного населения Российской Федерации по муниципальным образованиям на 1 января 2018 года". Federal State Statistics Service. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- "Об исчислении времени". Официальный интернет-портал правовой информации (in Russian). June 3, 2011. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Russian Federal State Statistics Service (2011). "Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года. Том 1" [2010 All-Russian Population Census, vol. 1]. Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года [2010 All-Russia Population Census] (in Russian). Federal State Statistics Service.
- Russian Federal State Statistics Service (May 21, 2004). "Численность населения России, субъектов Российской Федерации в составе федеральных округов, районов, городских поселений, сельских населённых пунктов – районных центров и сельских населённых пунктов с населением 3 тысячи и более человек" [Population of Russia, Its Federal Districts, Federal Subjects, Districts, Urban Localities, Rural Localities—Administrative Centers, and Rural Localities with Population of Over 3,000] (XLS). Всероссийская перепись населения 2002 года [All-Russia Population Census of 2002] (in Russian).
- Official website of Maryino District (in Russian)
- Official website of the local self-government of Maryino District (in Russian)
- Nashe Maryino (Our Maryino), unofficial website (in Russian)
- Maryino District news (in Russian)
- Birds of Maryino District (in Russian)