Maryland Route 407
Maryland Route 407 highlighted in red
|Maintained by MDSHA|
|Length:||3.81 mi (6.13 km)|
|Existed:||1933 – present|
|West end:||MD 31 near Marston|
|East end:||MD 27 near Taylorsville|
Maryland Route 407 (MD 407) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Maryland. Known as Marston Road, the state highway runs 3.81 miles (6.13 km) from MD 31 near Marston east to MD 27 near Taylorsville. MD 407 was constructed in the early to mid-1930s.
MD 407 begins at an intersection with MD 31 (New Windsor Road) northwest of Marston and south of New Windsor. The state highway heads southeast as a two-lane road through farmland to the village of Marston, where the highway turns east at a three-way junction with South Marston Road. East of Marston, MD 407 veers southeast and passes through the hamlet of Dennings. The state highway reaches its eastern terminus at MD 27 (Ridge Road) north of Taylorsville. The roadway continues southeast as county-maintained Baker Road, which leads to the historic McMurray-Frizzell-Aldridge Farm.
Construction on the first section of MD 407 from MD 31 through Marston began shortly after 1930. That section and a second segment to west of Dennings were completed as a concrete road by 1933. The final portion through Dennings to MD 27 was completed in 1936. MD 407 has changed very little since it was constructed.
The entire route is in Carroll County.
|Marston||0.00||0.00||MD 31 (New Windsor Road) – Libertytown, New Windsor|
|Taylorsville||3.81||6.13||MD 27 (Ridge Road) / Baker Road east – Mount Airy, Westminster|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Highway Information Services Division (December 31, 2013). Highway Location Reference. Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2011-04-29.
- Carroll County (PDF)
- Google (2011-04-29). "Maryland Route 407" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2011-04-29.
- Uhl, G. Clinton; Bruce, Howard; Shaw, John K. (October 1, 1930). Report of the State Roads Commission of Maryland (1927–1930 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission. p. 203. Retrieved 2011-04-29.
- Byron, William D.; Lacy, Robert (December 28, 1934). Report of the State Roads Commission of Maryland (1931–1934 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission. p. 326. Retrieved 2011-04-29.
- Maryland Geological Survey (1933). Map of Maryland Showing State Road System: State Aid Roads and Improved County Road Connections (Map). Baltimore: Maryland Geological Survey.
- Maryland State Roads Commission (1936). Map of Maryland Showing State Road System (Map). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maryland Route 407.|
Route map: Google