Maryland Route 422
Maryland Route 422 highlighted in red
|Maintained by MDSHA|
|Length:||3.04 mi (4.89 km)|
|Existed:||1930 – present|
|West end:||Polling House Road near Lothian|
|East end:||MD 2 in Lothian|
Maryland Route 422 (MD 422) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Maryland. Known as Bayard Road, the highway runs 3.04 miles (4.89 km) from Polling House Road near Lothian east to MD 2 and MD 408 at Lothian in southern Anne Arundel County. MD 422 was constructed in the late 1920s.
MD 422 begins at Polling House Road west of Lothian. Bayard Road continues west as a county highway through the hamlet of Bayard to Sands Road, which parallels the Patuxent River. MD 422 heads east as a two-lane road through farmland. After passing South Polling House Road, which meets Polling House Road in Harwood, the highway turns southeast toward its terminus at a four-legged roundabout in the village of Lothian. MD 2 (Solomons Island Road) heads southeast toward Prince Frederick and northeast in the direction of Annapolis; MD 408 (Mount Zion-Marlboro Road) heads southwest toward Upper Marlboro.
The entire route is in Anne Arundel County.
|||0.00||0.00||Bayard Road west / Polling House Road north||Western terminus|
|Lothian||3.04||4.89||MD 2 (Solomons Island Road) / MD 408 west (Mount Zion-Marlboro Road) – Annapolis, Prince Frederick, Upper Marlboro||Eastern terminus; Lothian Roundabout|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Highway Information Services Division (December 31, 2013). Highway Location Reference. Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2012-11-24.
- Anne Arundel County (PDF)
- Google (2012-01-22). "Maryland Route 422" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- Uhl, G. Clinton; Bruce, Howard; Shaw, John K. (October 1, 1930). Report of the State Roads Commission of Maryland (1927–1930 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission. p. 196. Retrieved 2013-01-20.
- Maryland Geological Survey (1930). Map of Maryland Showing State Road System: State Aid Roads and Improved County Road Connections (Map). Baltimore: Maryland Geological Survey.
- Niederhauser, Mike (March 2002). "Modern Roundabouts in Maryland" (PDF). Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maryland Route 422.|