Maryland Route 552
Maryland Route 552 highlighted in red
|Maintained by MDSHA|
|Length:||2.20 mi (3.54 km)|
|Existed:||1933 – present|
|South end:||Little Creek Road at Dominion|
|MD 18 in Chester|
|North end:||US 50 / US 301 in Chester|
Maryland Route 552 (MD 552) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Maryland. The state highway runs 2.20 miles (3.54 km) from Dominion north to U.S. Route 50 and US 301 in Chester. MD 552 was constructed south of MD 18 in the early 1930s. The state highway was extended north to US 50 and US 301 in the early 1990s.
MD 552 begins at a point between First Street and Church Street in the unincorporated village of Dominion. The highway continues south as county-maintained Little Creek Road. MD 552 heads east to an intersection with Parson Island Road, where the state highway turns north. The state highway passes through farmland and becomes lined with residences as it approaches an intersection with MD 18 (Main Street) in Chester. MD 552 continues a short distance between shopping centers to its northern terminus at a right-in/right-out interchange with US 50 / US 301 (Blue Star Memorial Highway) at Exit 39B.
MD 552 was paved starting from MD 18 toward Dominion in two sections that opened in 1933 and 1935, respectively. MD 552 was extended north to connect with the ramps for Exit 39B of US 50 and US 301 when that highway was upgraded to a freeway around 1991.
The entire route is in Queen Anne's County.
|Dominion||0.00||0.00||Little Creek Road south||Southern terminus|
|Chester||2.11||3.40||MD 18 (Main Street) to US 50 west – Stevensville, Grasonville||Officially MD 18B|
|2.20||3.54||US 50 east / US 301 north (Blue Star Memorial Highway) – Easton, Centreville||Northern terminus; right-in/right-out interchange with eastbound US 50 / US 301 (Exit 39B)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
MD 552A is the designation for Chester Station Road, an unsigned 0.08-mile (0.13 km) highway along the same line as MD 552 on the north side of US 50 and US 301. The state highway runs from a right-in/right-out interchange with westbound US 50 / US 301 at Exit 39B north to Piney Creek Road, which is unsigned MD 18T west of the intersection to the signed mainline of MD 18.
- Highway Information Services Division (December 31, 2013). Highway Location Reference. Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- Queen Anne's County (PDF)
- Google (2010-06-09). "Maryland Route 552" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- Maryland Geological Survey (1933). Map of Maryland Showing State Road System: State Aid Roads and Improved County Road Connections (Map). Baltimore: Maryland Geological Survey.
- Byron, William D.; Lacy, Robert (December 28, 1934). Report of the State Roads Commission of Maryland (1931–1934 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission. pp. 350–351. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- Maryland Geological Survey (1935). Map of Maryland Showing State Road System: State Aid Roads and Improved County Road Connections (Map). Baltimore: Maryland Geological Survey.
- Maryland State Highway Administration (1991). Maryland: Official Highway Map (Map). Baltimore: Maryland State Highway Administration.
- Highway Information Services Division (December 31, 1999). Highway Location Reference. Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- Queen Anne's County (PDF)
- Google (2010-06-09). "Maryland Route 552A" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
Route map: Google