Maryland Route 756
|Old Snow Hill Road|
Maryland Route 756 highlighted in red
|Maintained by MDSHA|
|Length||1.17 mi (1.88 km)|
|Existed||1946 – present|
|South end||US 13 in Pocomoke City|
|MD 359 near Pocomoke City|
|North end||US 113 near Pocomoke City|
Maryland Route 756 (MD 756) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Maryland. Known as Old Snow Hill Road, the state highway runs 1.17 miles (1.88 km) from U.S. Route 13 (US 13) east to US 113 within Pocomoke City. MD 756 is the original alignment of US 113 in Pocomoke City. That original alignment was bypassed by what is now MD 359 in the mid-1930s.
MD 756 begins at an intersection with US 13 (Ocean Highway) in the middle of a commercial area on the eastern edge of incorporated Pocomoke City. Linden Avenue, which was formerly part of MD 756, heads west toward the central business district. MD 756 heads east past the commercial area and crosses Town Branch. From there, the state highway turns northeast through a mix of farms and residences. After meeting the northern end of MD 359 (Bypass Road) at an oblique angle, MD 756 reaches its northern terminus at US 113 (Worcester Highway).
MD 756 follows the original alignment of US 113 through Pocomoke City. US 113's first bypass of Pocomoke City, which is now MD 359 and MD 250A, was completed in 1936. The state highway was signed as MD 756 by 1946. The state highway once continued west to US 13 Business along Linden Avenue and Sixth Street. MD 756 was rolled back to US 13 by 1999.
|0.00||0.00||US 13 (Ocean Highway) / Linden Avenue west – Salisbury, Norfolk||Western terminus|
|1.07||1.72||MD 359 south (Bypass Road)|
|1.17||1.88||US 113 (Worcester Highway) – Snow Hill, Ocean City||Eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Highway Information Services Division (December 31, 2013). Highway Location Reference. Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2010-10-24.
- Worcester County (PDF)
- Google (2010-05-12). "Maryland Route 756" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
- Maryland Geological Survey (1927). Map of Maryland: Showing State Road System and State Aid Roads (Map). Baltimore: Maryland Geological Survey.
- Tabler, H.E.; Wilkinson, C. Nice; Luthardt, Frank F. (December 4, 1936). Report of the State Roads Commission of Maryland (1935–1936 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission. p. 63. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
- Maryland State Roads Commission (1936). Map of Maryland Showing State Road System (Map). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission.
- Maryland State Roads Commission (1946). Maryland: Official Highway Map (Map) (1946–1947 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission.
- Highway Information Services Division (December 31, 1999). Highway Location Reference. Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2010-10-24.
- Worcester County (PDF)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maryland Route 756.|
Route map: Google