Marylawn of the Oranges High School
|Marylawn of the Oranges High School|
|445 Scotland Road
South Orange, NJ 07079
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic,
Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth
|Faculty||21.9 (on FTE basis)|
|Average class size||15|
|Student to teacher ratio||7.3:1|
|Color(s)||Blue and White|
|Song||Hail Alma Mater|
|Athletics conference||Super Essex Conference|
|Team name||Lady Knights|
|Accreditation||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Tuition||6th-8th: $5,500 9-12th: $8,300|
|Athletic Director||Dee Dee Mayland|
Marylawn of the Oranges Academy was an all-girl, private, Roman Catholic college-preparatory high school for young women grades 7 through 12 located in South Orange, New Jersey. Sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth since its founding in 1935, Marylawn is located within the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Newark. The school has been accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools since 1962.
As a learning community, students are challenged by a rigorous academic curriculum and opportunities that foster their initiative, creativity, self-respect and concern for others. As the message of Jesus Christ is proclaimed, students grow morally and intellectually- demonstrating integrity, self-discipline and Christian values and ethics.
For over ten years, Marylawn has had a 100% graduation and 100% college acceptance rate.
In October 2012, it was announced that the school would close in June 2013.
The Marylawn of the Oranges High School Lady Knights competed in the Super Essex Conference, following a reorganization of sports leagues in Northern New Jersey by the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association.
The mission of Marylawn of the Oranges Academy is to prepare, motivate, and challenge young women, intellectually and morally, to assume their roles in society according to Catholic tradition and in the founding spirit of the Sisters of Charity of New Jersey.
- Marylawn of the Oranges Academy, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed September 10, 2012.
- Marylawn of the Oranges, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools. Accessed June 7, 2012.
- Essex County High Schools Archived 2011-09-11 at the Wayback Machine., Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Newark. Accessed June 7, 2012.
- Worth, Marcia. "Marylawn of the Oranges Academy to Close in June; The class of 2013 will be the last to graduate from the South Orange school", South Orange Patch, October 17, 2012. Accessed December 11, 2016.
- League Memberships – 2012-2013 Archived 2012-11-09 at the Wayback Machine., New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed September 10, 2012.