Marysville High School (Ohio)
|Marysville High School|
800 Amrine Mill RD
Marysville, Ohio 43040
|School district||Marysville Exempted Village Schools|
|Color(s)||Red and Blue|
|Athletics conference||Ohio Capital Conference Central Division|
|Rival||Jonathan Alder High School|
Marysville High School (MHS) is a public high school in Marysville, Ohio. It is the only high school in the Marysville Exempted Village School District. MHS's school mascot is the "Monarch", which is actually a lion that symbolizes the "King (Monarch) of the Jungle".
- Robert S. Beightler, American general
- Chase Blackburn, National Football League linebacker (New York Giants)
- Gary Shirk, football tight end (New York Giants, Memphis Southmen, Memphis Showboats)
- Bill Wall, USA Basketball executive and college head coach (MacMurray)
Marysville offers many Athletic teams, including football, baseball, boys and girls basketball, softball, volleyball, boys and girls soccer, track and field, cross country, swimming, boys and girls golf, and wrestling. Club sports include boys and girls lacrosse, gymnastics, and bowling.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Marysville High School is home to the Marysville Swingers Unlimited, which travels throughout Ohio and the mid-west. The Swingers Unlimited has been an active group at the high school for over a quarter century. The Marysville Swingers Unlimited are under the vocal direction of Jeremy Alfera with combo direction by Jacob Newland, and choreography by Alfera, Alex Hall, and Randy Sage.
Marysville is host to a Mock Trial program in the state of Ohio.
A former program that was offered was the Model United Nations. The team attended many conferences throughout the nation, going to places like California, Iowa, Earlham College, the University of Dayton, Boston, and the high school nationals in New York City.
Marysville High School has been doing international scholar exchanges since the late 1990s. For example, a school with which they frequently hold exchanges is I.E.S. "Mariano Quintanilla", located in Segovia, Spain. There have also been several exchanges with foreign French-speaking schools.
- "Marysville High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 20, 2019.
- "Union County / 4-80 Major General Robert Sprague Beightler | Remarkable Ohio". www.remarkableohio.org. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Past Super Bowl champion Blackburn to be inducted into Monarch Hall of Fame - Marysville Journal-Tribune". www.marysvillejt.com. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Marysville High School Athletic Hall of Fame - Inductees". www.mhsathletichalloffame.com. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Bill Wall: Basketball Giant". JimBurson.com. 13 August 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- "Executive Board Pre-File Application". OhioJCL.org - June 2007. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on June 17, 2007. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- "OJCL Constitution". OhioJCL.org - July 2002. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on July 21, 2002. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
... by paying both OJCL annual chapter dues and any annual chapter membership dues required by NJCL.