|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Maryvale House in November 2016
|Address||Maryvale House, Old Oscott Hill, Birmingham, England
The Maryvale Institute is a college of further and higher education, an International Catholic Distance-Learning College for Catechesis, Theology, Philosophy and Religious Education in Old Oscott, Great Barr, Birmingham, England. It specialises in the provision of part-time and distance learning courses to the lay faithful, consecrted religious and ministers of the Roman Catholic Church.
The College has existed in its current state since 1980, on the site of St Mary's College, founded in 1794 for both the training of priests and the education of lay pupils.
- Maryvale Certificate in Catechesis (MCC)
- Teachings of Pope John Paul II (Encyclical Studies)
- Certificate in New Evangelisation and Ministry
- Certificate in Art, Inspiration and Beauty in Catholic perspective
- Catholic Certificate for Religious Studies (For teachers in Catholic Schools)
- Certificate in Studies in the Catholic Catechism
- Certificate in Catholic Healthcare Chaplaincy
- Religious / Pre-seminarian course in the Catholic catechism
Higher education - undergraduate
- B. Divinity
- BA Philosophy (Validated by Open University)
Higher education - postgraduate
- MA in Catholic Applied Theology (Validated by the Open University)
The Institute is part of the Archdiocese of Birmingham. Its Doctoral (PhD) programme is accredited by Liverpool Hope University. Its Masters programme is accredited by the Open University. The emphasis of the Institute is on Diocesan catechesis. The validator of the B. Divinity programme is the Faculté-Notre Dame at the École cathédrale de Paris.
- "PGR Information for Staff". Liverpool Hope University. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maryvale Institute.|