Marzia Caravelli (1st on left) at istanbul 2012.
23 October 1981 |
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||64 kg (141 lb)|
|Event(s)||100 metres hurdles|
|Coached by||Marcello Ambrogi|
|Achievements and titles|
In 2005 Marzia Caravelli made her debut for the Italian national team, but she was a late developer in sporting terms and begun to get good results at international level in 2010 at the age of 29. Despite reaching the semi-finals at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, she has not succeeded in convincing the national federation to allow her to become a member of one of the Italian military sports bodies.
- 100 metres hurdles
|Pergine Valsugana||23 July|
|2012||Olympic Games||London||SF||100 metres hs||DNF|||
|2013||Mediterranean Games||Mersin||1st||100 metres hs||12.98|
|2013||World Championships||Moscow||SF||100 metres hs||13.06|
She has won 7 times the individual national championship.
- 1 win in the 60 metres hurdles indoor (2010)
- 4 wins in the 100 metres hurdles (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- 2 wins in the 200 metres (2011, 2013)
- "2011 European Team Championships - Hurdles Women Final - Combined result". sportresult.com. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "Il doppio record di Abate e Caravelli" (in Italian). Fidal.it. 13 amy 2012. Retrieved 14 May 2012. Check date values in:
- "L'intervista a Marzia Caravelli: "ho accumulato rabbia e voglia di rivalsa..."" (in Italian). queenatletica.it. 22 May 2012. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- She ran in 13.01 in heat.