||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
August 1, 1943 |
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Masakazu Tamura (田村 正和 Tamura Masakazu, born 1 August 1943) is a Japanese film and theatre actor.
Masakazu Tamura was born 1 August 1943 in Kyoto, Japan to Japanese actor Tsumasaburō Bandō. His brothers Takahiro and Ryō are also actors. He was thus trained in fighting with swords and more traditional forms of Japanese theatre like Kabuki.
He made his debut in movies with the film "Eternal Woman" in 1961.
He has played the role of "Nemuri Kyoshirō" four times in made-for-TV specials.
He is most famous for his role as the polite and highly idiosyncratic police detective, Furuhata Ninzaburō, in a self-titled drama by Japanese playwright Kōki Mitani. This drama was one of the most popular in its time and one of the most popular dramas in the history of Japanese television. There are rumours that while the character was based on Matlock, the characteristics, speech patterns and easily imitable fashion sense are based on that of writer Koki Mitani's professor of philosophy, the famed scholar Yoichiro Murakami. Tamura himself afterwards mentioned that he regretted taking the role, because it ended up typecasting him. He also appeared in many staged dramas (jidaigeki).
- Immortal Love (1961)
- Kiza naki oharu (1967)
- Chijin no ai (1967)
- Onna no issho (1967)
- Onna to misoshiru (1968)
- Higashi shinakai (1968)
- Kuro bara no yakata (1969)
- Furin kazan (1969)
- Gendai yakuza: yotamono jingi (1969)
- Nemuri Kyoshiro manji giri (1969)
- Onna-ro hizu (1970)
- Yakuza zessyô (1970)
- Female Convict Scorpion: Grudge Song (1973)
- Kozure Ôkami: Sono chîsaki te ni (1993)
- Last Love (2007)
- Uchi no ko ni kagitte... (1984)
- Papa wa newscaster (1987)
- Katana Gesho (The Flower Sword) (1989)
- Nemuri Kyôshirô (1989)
- Nemuri Kyoshiro: Conspiracy at Edo Castle (1993)
- Furuhata Ninzaburo (1994), Ninzaburo Furuhata
- Nemuri Kyoshiro: The Man with No Tomorrow (1996), Kyoshirō Nemuri
- Sôri to yobanai de(1997)
- Nemuri Kyoshiro: The Woman Who Loved Kyoshiro (1998)
- Utsukushii hito (1999)
- Oyajî (2000)
- Sayônara, Ozu-sensei (2001)
- Otosan (2002)
- Fufu (2004)
- Furuhata Ninzaburo Final (2006)
- Nemuri Kyoshirō The Final (TBA), Kyoshirō Nemuri
|This article about a Japanese actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|