|Place of origin||South India|
|Region or state||India|
|Main ingredients||Parbolied rice, potato|
|Variations||Mysore masala dosa, rava masala dosa, onion masla dosa, paper masala dosa|
|Cookbook: Masala dosa,ಮಸಾಲೆ ದೋಸೆ Media: Masala dosa,ಮಸಾಲೆ ದೋಸೆ|
|This article is part of the series|
Masala dosa or Masale Dose is a variant of the popular South Indian food, Dosa. It is made from rice, potato, methi, curry leaves and served with Chutneys and Sambar. Though it was only popular in South India, it can be found almost in all other parts of the country, and even outside the country now. In South India preparation of masala dosa varies from city to city. Masala Dosa was ranked number 4 on the list of '10 foods to try before you die', compiled by US newspaper The Huffington Post.
Rice, husked black gram, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, salt, vegetable oil, potatoes, onion, green chillies, curry leaves, turmeric.
- "India, Crisped on a Griddle: Classic Masala dosa". http://food.ndtv.com/. NDTV food.
- Praveen, M. P.; Krishnakumar, G. (13 June 2014). "Masala dosa slips out of reach". Chennai, India: The Hindu.
- "What A Masala dosa Costs Around The World". http://www.huffingtonpost.in/. Huffingtonpost India.
- Romig, Rollo (7 May 2014). "Masala dosa to Die For". http://www.nytimes.com/ (The New York Times).
- "Dosa’s complex spices hit the spot". http://www.sfchronicle.com/. San Francisco chronicle.
- Ramnath, N.S. "American Dosa". http://www.forbes.com/ (Forbes).
- "10 Foods Around The World To Try Before You Die (PHOTOS)". http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ (The Huffington Post). 5 July 2012.
- "How to Make Masala dosa at Home". http://idiva.com/. idiva.
- "Recipe-Masala dosa". Zee News.
- "Masala dosa". http://food.ndtv.com/. NDTV food.
- "Dosa: A Staple Food of South India". http://tastyfix.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Masala Dosa.|
- Masala dosa ranked at No-4 on the list of top 10 foods by Huffingtonpost
- Transformation of Masala dosa published by The Times Of India
- He relished Masala dosas in Bangalore
- Hollywood, Masala dosa and research