The cover of the first volume featuring the character Aki Adagaki.
(Masamune-kun no Ribenji)
|Written by||Hazuki Takeoka|
|Magazine||Monthly Comic Rex|
|Original run||October 27, 2012 – June 27, 2018|
|Written by||Hazuki Takeoka|
|Published||December 20, 2013|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Mirai Minato|
|Produced by||Shinobu Yoshinuma|
|Music by||Tatsuya Kato|
|Original network||Tokyo MX, KBS, Sun TV, AT-X, BS Fuji|
|Original run||January 5, 2017 – March 23, 2017|
|Episodes||12 + OVA|
|Masamune-kun no Revenge After School|
|Written by||Hazuki Takeoka|
|Magazine||Monthly Comic Rex|
|Original run||September 27, 2018 – January 26, 2019|
Masamune-kun's Revenge (Japanese: 政宗くんのリベンジ Hepburn: Masamune-kun no Ribenji) is a Japanese manga series written by Hazuki Takeoka and illustrated by Tiv. The series is published by Ichijinsha and serialized in their Monthly Comic Rex magazine in Japan from October 2012 to June 2018. The series is licensed by Seven Seas Entertainment in the United States. An anime television series adaptation by Silver Link aired from January to March 2017.
Masamune Makabe was a chubby boy who had a close relationship with Aki Adagaki, a beautiful wealthy girl, until one day she cruelly rejected him and gave him the nickname "Pig's Foot". Seeking revenge against his tormentor, Masamune changed his name, began dieting and working out everyday to become a fit and handsome, albeit vain, high school student. When he encounters Aki once again, she doesn't recognize him and he commits to seduce her into falling in love with him before embarrassingly rejecting her to exact vengeance. Masamune ends up allying with Aki's classmate and servant Yoshino Koiwai, who seems to know Masamune's nickname as well.
- Masamune Makabe (真壁 政宗 Makabe Masamune)
- Voiced by: Natsuki Hanae (Japanese); Josh Grelle (English)
- Masamune Makabe is the titular protagonist of the series. He is a handsome boy, but he was once a chubby kid that people liked to make fun of. In his childhood, he befriended Aki Adagaki but was brutally rejected by her after he confessed and nicknamed him "Piggy" (豚足 Tonsoku, Pig's foot), causing him to undergo several diets and training and also changed his family name thanks to his grandfather. He's also committed to getting revenge on Aki; planning to make Aki fall in love with him then cruely reject her - calling this his "Dead or Love" plan. When Yoshino confesses that she was the real culprit, Masamune is torn to how he should reconcile with Aki. When Aki kindly turns him down, Masamune wonders what he could do to become a man. In turn of events, Masamune properly affirms his love to Aki in the end.
- Aki Adagaki (安達垣 愛姫 Adagaki Aki)
- Voiced by: Ayaka Ohashi (Japanese); Morgan Garrett (English)
- Aki comes from a well off family and is known for her brutal treatment of men. As a result, she has gained the nickname "Cruel Princess" (残虐姫 Zangyaku Hime) from her classmates. She allegedly rejected Masamune and gave him the nickname "Piggy" when the two were children leading to his transformation and commitment to revenge. It was later revealed though that her hatred towards men is because her childhood crush Masamune left without saying anything which left her heartbroken. When Masamune finally confronts her about the past she tells him that she never gave him the nickname "piggy" in the first place, and never heard of that nickname before. As Aki learns Masamune's identity and situation, she attempts to make him the same chubby boy he used to be. Aki mentions that she found his chubbiness "cute" and overall as a symbol of wealth, implying that chubby guys are her type. When she reads Masamune's entitles of revenge and hearing Yoshino's regrets, Aki decides to fix everything. With the misunderstood vengeance cleared up, Aki can't help but accept Masamune's honest heart.
- Yoshino Koiwai (小岩井 吉乃 Koiwai Yoshino)
- Voiced by: Inori Minase (Japanese); Monica Rial (English)
- Yoshino is Aki's maid and follower. She seems to be a clumsy girl. However, beneath her clumsy and shy appearance she is actually extremely deceptive and cold, able to deceive and hurt Aki without a second thought. Unlike Aki, Yoshino easily gained weight from sweets. Later it was revealed that Yoshino had disguised herself as Aki eight years before, rejected Masamune, and gave him the nickname "Piggy" due to jealously towards Aki's affection to him, but soon realized that her actions caused Aki to become estranged towards men. She has been regretting this and attempted to repay what she has done after Aki and Masamune reunited in high school. During the course of the story, in her attempts to set up Masamune and Aki, she becomes infatuated to Masamune. Aki comes to know about this and so she rejects Masamune and encourages Yoshino to be true to her feelings. However, Masamune refuses her confession and so Yoshino becomes determined to reunite them. Due to her and Masamune's efforts, Aki finally becomes true to her affection towards Masamune and they reunite in the end with a kiss.
- Neko Fujinomiya (藤ノ宮 寧子 Fujinomiya Neko)
- Voiced by: Suzuko Mimori (Japanese); Megan Shipman (English)
- Neko is a frail girl who comes from a wealthy family. She transferred to the school that Masamune is attending in the second manga volume and confessed her love soon afterwards. Masamune rejects her feelings but she continues to support his choices. It is later revealed that Neko also used to be chubby, and that she had fallen in love with him when they were children. Neko confronts Masamune with this info that he had forgotten when he starts doubting his feelings towards Aki. She tells him that she has also fallen in love with the person "that he is now". Due to her habit of not wearing any panties, Aki and Yoshino nicknamed her "Pantie-less Woman". On White Day, Neko tempts Aki to break up with Masamune, but despite learning about Neko's knowledge of Masamune's revenge who continues to pursue him anyway.
- Tae Futaba (双葉 妙 Futaba Tae)
- Voiced by: Azusa Tadokoro (Japanese); Caitlin Glass (English)
- Masamune's class rep who loves BL and claimed to have confessed her feelings to Masamune once, but got rejected. Due to her hobby, she kind of loves pairing Masamune to Kojūrō.
- Kojūrō Shuri (朱里 小十郎 Shuri Kojūrō)
- Voiced by: Saori Hayami (Japanese); Justin Briner (English)
- Masamune's best friend who looks like a girl, but is actually a guy. He has a crush on Neko.
- Kanetsugu Gasō (雅宗 兼次 Gasō Kanetsugu)
- Voiced by: Mitsuki Saiga (Japanese); Ryan Reynolds (English)
- A chubby individual who claimed to be "Masamune" - Aki's childhood friend in the past. Later on, it is revealed that Kanetsugu is a female pretending to be a male. She disguised herself as Masamune so she could marry into the Adagaki family in an attempt to save her family from poverty. After Kanetsugu's true gender is exposed, she starts working part-time at school.
Writer Hazuki Takeoka and Korean female artist Tiv began serializing the manga in the December 2012 issue of Ichijinsha's shōnen manga magazine Monthly Comic Rex on October 27, 2012. Ten volumes were released between April 2013 and July 2018. A spin-off titled "Masamune-kun's Re??? (Somehow))" (政宗くんのリ○○○（リなんとか） Masamune-kun no Ri○○○ (Nantoka)) is drawn by Yūki Shinichi and is serialized on Gekkan ComicREX starting from November 2016 issue. North American publisher Seven Seas Entertainment announced their license to the series on September 4, 2015. The series concluded in 2018, with the final chapter being released on June 27. Takeoka and Tiv launched a spinoff manga in Monthly Comic Rex on September 27, 2018. The short manga, titled Masamune-kun no Revenge After School, is a series of after-stories focusing on various characters.
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN||English release date||English ISBN|
|1||April 27, 2013||ISBN 978-4-7580-6372-2||June 14, 2016||ISBN 978-1-626922-2-59|
|2||July 27, 2013||ISBN 978-4-7580-6403-3||September 13, 2016||ISBN 978-1-626923-28-7|
|3||March 27, 2014||ISBN 978-4-7580-6432-3||December 6, 2016||ISBN 978-1-626923-66-9|
|4||September 27, 2014||ISBN 978-4-7580-6471-2||March 7, 2017||ISBN 978-1-626924-38-3|
|5||April 27, 2015||ISBN 978-4-7580-6497-2||July 13, 2017||ISBN 978-1-626924-93-2|
|6||November 27, 2015||ISBN 978-4-7580-6552-8||October 3, 2017||ISBN 978-1-626925-61-8|
|7||June 27, 2016||ISBN 978-4-7580-6590-0||January 23, 2018||ISBN 978-1-626926-73-8|
|8||January 27, 2017||ISBN 978-4-7580-6641-9||June 19, 2018||ISBN 978-1-626928-05-3|
|9||February 5, 2018||ISBN 978-4-7580-6706-5||February 26, 2019||ISBN 978-1-626929-44-9|
|10||July 27, 2018||ISBN 978-4-7580-6730-0||May 28, 2019||ISBN 978-1-642750-80-5|
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN|
|1||December 20, 2013||ISBN 978-4-7580-4509-4|
On June 23, 2016, publisher Ichijinsha announced that the series would receive an anime television series adaptation. The anime is produced by Silver Link and directed by Mirai Minato, with Michiko Yokote and Kento Shimoyama written the scripts, and Yuki Sawairi designed the characters. Toshiki Kameyama is the series' sound director while Lantis produced the music. The opening theme is performed by Ayaka Ohashi titled "Wagamama Mirror Heart" (ワガママMIRROR HEART "Selfish Mirror Heart") and the ending theme is performed by ChouCho titled "Elemental World" while AT-X's version is titled "Manazashi Silent" (まなざしサイレント Manazashi Sairento, "Silent Gaze") sung by Ayaka Ōhashi and Suzuko Mimori under their respective character name Aki Adagaki and Neko Fujinomiya. The series aired from January 5 to March 23, 2017. It was broadcast on Tokyo MX, AT-X, and BS Fuji. The anime ran for 12 episodes and released across six BD/DVD volumes. Crunchyroll streamed and licensed the series, while Funimation produced an English dub. An OVA of the series has been released and tells an "after story" for the manga.
|No.||Official English title[a]
Original Japanese title
|Original air date|
|1||"The Boy Who Was Called Pig's Foot"|
"Tonsoku to yoba reta otoko" (豚足と呼ばれた男)
|January 5, 2017|
After being cruelly rejected and nicknamed "Pig's Foot" due to his chubby appearance and snobbish attitude when he was younger, high school student Masamune Makabe has revamped himself and made a complete transformation --- into the perfect, handsome guy of all girls' dreams. He unexpectedly encounters the girl who rejected him, Aki Adagaki, where in school she is nicknamed "the Cruel Princess" due to her immense wealth and beauty, but cruel ways of rejecting boys who confess to her. Despite being intimidated, Masamune is determined to make Aki fall in love with him before rejecting her just as cruelly as how she did to him when they were childhood friends. Through his new friend Kojuro Shui, he begins collecting information about her, learning that she always eats lunch alone in a storage shed despite her other times being surrounded mostly by her girl friends. Following her, he finds how Aki has an incredibly high metabolism, forcing her to eat a lot to sustain her energy levels. She threatens to make him regret it if he ever exposes her after Masamune accidentally gives himself away. Before he leaves, she learns of his name, but fails to remember him.Masamune attempts to ingratiate himself to Aki at every turn but fails miserably, although he finally gets his chance after saving her from a boy she previously rejected. Pleased with himself, he resolves to complete the rest of his plan: the "Dead or Love plan".
|2||"Cinderella Doesn't Smile"|
"Shinderera wa warawanai" (シンデレラは笑わない)
|January 12, 2017|
Masamune finds a note with the words "Pig's Foot" written on it in his shoe locker, and begins to hyperventilate that someone might know about his past and reveal his true identity. Disturbed, he decides to help Yoshino Koiwai, Aki's personal servant and maid, buy lunch for her mistress and accompany her to see Aki, wanting to find out if she is the unknown person who sent him the note. As Aki proves to be her usual self, he hits a dead end with his findings. After school, a troubled Masamune is caught in a rope trap set by --- surprisingly --- Yoshino, who explains that the Koiwai family has been attendants to the Adagaki family for 300 years now, and --- even more surprisingly --- offers to help him execute his plan of exerting revenge on Aki. Yoshino believes that doing so would not just benefit herself as a servant by relieving some of Aki's cruel treatment on her, but also make her mistress humbler.While Masamune is glad that Yoshino doesn't divulge his secret, he proceeds to work alone anyway, attempting and failing horribly to get Aki's email address after an embarrassing wild goose chase set up by her. As he shouts out in anger and frustration, Yoshino tells him to trust her and promises him that if he does, he can get Aki's email address and go out on any number of dates.
|3||"Yoshino's Magic Show"|
"Yoshino no majikkushō" (吉乃のマジックショー)
|January 19, 2017|
The class rep informs everyone that it is decided in the staff meeting that if any student fails in his proficiency test than the whole class needs to attend the supplementary classes. So Masamune decides to help Kojuurou in his studies because he scores very bad grades in his previous test. After that when Masamune is helping Kojuurou studying for his test Aki is also sitting behind Masamune and teaching Yoshino for her test, she provoke Masamune by saying that she is surprised to see that he can teach anyone anything. So Masamune challenges her that if he and Kojuurou scores more than Aki and Yoshino than she will go on a date with him and if they can't than he will stick any nickname she chooses on his back until he graduate from high school. Than, both Masamune and Aki starts to practicing hard for their test and while studying Yoshino tells Aki that Masamune is the first person to score perfect in the transfer exam, much to Aki's surprise. At Masamune's home his sister and mom are happy to see him studying and his mom decides to prepare a special lunch for him tomorrow. Next day at school Masamune meets Yoshino near a vending machine and tell her that he studied very hard for exam but Yoshino says that it doesn't matter anymore while giving him a coffee from machine. When the test starts Masamune's stomach starts aching and he thinks that it is happening because Yoshino adds something in his coffee on Aki's order. So after the test he goes to Aki's class furiously only to find that she is absent because of fever and his stomach hurts because of the food his mom made. In the end he and Aki are the only students who attend the supplementary classes.Later, Yoshino calls Masamune and tell him that Aki is ready to go on a date with him, So he goes to meet Aki at the station only to see her dressed like a magic girl because Yoshino tells her that it is a dress code for the couple who are dating for the first time. Than Masamune and Aki goes to watch a horror movie and Aki ask him to sit away from her. Later Aki gets hungry so they go on a restaurant to eat where a little girl ask Aki that why she is dressed like that and Masamune finally tells Aki that there is no dress code like that. So they go to buy a dress for Aki and in the changing room Aki screams after remembering that she is wearing a magic girl costume for the whole day and Masamune goes to see if Aki is fine but accidentally saw her in undergarments so Aki knock him out with a single punch.
|4||"Clear and Present Danger"|
"Ima soko ni aru kiki" (今そこにある危機)
|January 26, 2017|
Masamune reads a shojo manga called "Red-eyed steroid" and plans to use its protagonist as an example to impress Aki. He executes his plan by constantly looking at Aki in supplementary class and giving her his umbrella when he sees her unable to get home because of the rain. Later, Yoshino (whom he calls "Master") tells him that his behavior is creeping Aki out and that he shouldn't keep pushing his love upon her. He then dumps his previous plan and starts to ignore Aki. He stops sitting close to Aki in supplementary class and ignores her when she tries to give his umbrella back. This plan went on until Aki stopped him as they crossed paths. He tries to make a run for it but gets caught and pushed down. At first she gets mad at him but then asks him for his reason for ignoring her but gets flustered while doing this. Masamune replied that he is doing this on purpose because he likes her so Aki asks him what is that he likes about her. Than, Masamune says that he likes everything about her and run away from there to meet Yoshino for some advice but she didn't give him any advice.Later, Masamune wrote his thoughts about Aki in a letter and goes to put it in her shoe locker but Aki came up and tear the letter into pieces and runs away from school. Then, Yoshino showed up and tells Masamune that she will take care of this matter. Aki sits in a park and reminisce that she saw Masamune with Yoshino and thinks that he is a playboy. Than, Yoshino comes to Aki and clear up the misunderstanding by saying that Masamune is just asking for some advice. Later, Aki is going on footpath while thinking about Masamune and when she is going to cross the road a car suddenly comes in high speed but Masamune saves her. Than a beautiful girl comes out of the car and hugs Masamune.
"Misuteriasu kyatto" (ミステリアス・キャット)
|February 2, 2017|
The girl from the previous episode thanks the God for getting the chance to meet Masamune but he did not recognize her as someone he knows. Than her bodyguard named Shidou tells her that they are getting late so she goes from there. After watching this Aki went from there in anger so next day at school Masamune buys food from cafeteria and tries to take it to Aki but Yoshino attacks him with gas gun and prevents him from meeting Aki while saying that Aki has ordered her for this. So Masamune tells her that he really don't know that girl from yesterday and Yoshino goes from there but he didn't meet Aki and just leaves the food at the door of the gym storage.Later, A new female student transfers into his class and introduced herself as Neko Fujinomiya who is actually the girl from yesterday. Masamune tries to talk to her but couldn't get any chance to talk her because of the girls surrounding her. He finally goes to meet her and class rep tells him that Neko transferred into their school only because of Masamune and Neko tells everyone that he helped her three years ago on a Christmas but Masamune realizes that he was a chubby boy three years ago so he can't be the guy Neko talks about. So he grabs her hand and takes her out of the class and asks her why did she lie about him. He tells her that he already loves someone. Neko says that she can't tell the truth to anyone because it's embarrassing. She asks to know about the girl he loves so he takes her to Aki's class and she goes to meet Aki. Suddenly a boy of Aki's class opens the window and Masamune and Aki saw that Neko is not wearing any panty. Than, Aki goes out of the class and Masamune chases her and when he tries he to stop Aki she accidentally hits a teacher who punish them for wandering outside the class by making them clean the swimming pool. There Masamune throws water on Aki to tease her and Aki tries to spill a bucket of water on Masamune but falls into the pool and Masamune thinks that she is drowning so he jumps into the pool to save her only to find that there is not enough water for a person to drown. Aki asks him why did he jumps into water to save her when he don't want to get wet. Masamune tells her that his body moves on his own because he loves her so Aki asks him to prove that he loves her.
|6||"Attack! Battle Of The Home Visits"|
"Totsugeki! Otaku hōmon-sen" (突撃！お宅訪問戦)
|February 9, 2017|
|7||"The Tsunade Island Incident"|
"Tsunade-jima jiken" (綱手島事件)
|February 16, 2017|
|8||"It's Not You"|
"Kimi janai nda" (君じゃないんだ)
|February 23, 2017|
|9||"It's Been Called Love and Affection"|
"Ai tomo koi tomo iukeredo" (愛とも恋ともいうけれど)
|March 2, 2017|
|10||"The New School Term Filled With Doubts"|
"Giwaku no shin gakki" (疑惑の新学期)
|March 9, 2017|
|11||"Snow White of the Yasaka Festival"|
"Yasaka sai no shirayukihime" (八坂祭の白雪姫)
|March 16, 2017|
|12||"Don't Let Go of the Mic, Even if You Die"|
"Shindemo maiku o tebanasu na" (死んでもマイクを手放すな)
|March 23, 2017|
|Class A starts their Snow White play even without Gasō, who will portray as the Prince and was locked in the gym by Yoshino from the previous episode. To prevent its humiliation, Masamune volunteers himself to portray the Prince despite Class B and Mari's objection but nevertheless he proceeds. Masamune, now donning as the Prince, appears on the stage which shocks Aki. Despite having a fever, Masamune pushes through and kisses Aki but the latter punches him, much to her embarrassment. After the festival, both Class A and B members decide to have a karaoke battle. Each member sing their selected songs, Aki and Neko performed as duet in a particular song, and others performed well except for Masamune, who sang the worst. With their friends left, Aki and Masamune left alone on a bench and contemplate about their Snow White play. As a reward, Masamune asks Aki to kiss her but ended up eating baked sweet potatoes. The series concludes with a cliffhanger, which Masamune should pursue Aki on Paris while continuing his plot against her in a "Dead or Love" plan.|
|OVA||"Only for our Mama"||July 27, 2018|
Ladies whisper amongst themselves as the perfect man with the perfect skin, Masamune Makabe, walks by admiring himself in the window-glass... before going back home to find a doppelganger of his mother. It actually turns out that she is none but his cousin Haruka, who has become beyond recognition since he last saw her. Coincidentally, the three of them (including their aunt) look the same. Chinatsu, Masamune's sister, makes them wear the same costume and goes on photography attack mode. In the meanwhile, Aki, Kojuro, Yoshino, Neko and Futaba go to Aki's family beach resort in Tsunade Island. When asked by the nosy caretaker if Masamune left her, Aki affirms, before revealing that he gives himself more attention than her and is currently working-out. On the other side, Masamune bumps into a pole while admiring himself on the window-glass. While they enjoy the whole day together, Aki calls Masamune at night. He asks if she feels lonely and she affirms, revealing that she has left her Tsundere side and doesn't feel embarrassed to speak of her heart to the one she loves.Yoshino goes to the town all dressed-up to enjoy by herself on her day off after being advised by her sister. On the road, everyone admires her and she gets many head turns. Due to her job as a helper, she always had to dress up accordingly - flat shoes and comfortable clothes that made sure she could follow Aki everywhere and cater to her. She enjoys a meal and is on her way when a kid accidentally bumps his ice-cream into her. Yoshino sees Masamune and Aki in those kids and gives him her free balloon as a sign of forgiveness. She gets changed in the nearby shop and reverts to her old appearance. This time, no one notices her and the waiter who had welcomed her to the restaurant also didn't recognize her. She is happy to be able to roam freely without getting attention. At the mansion, she tells her sister that she'll become beautiful with her own efforts and will make the man confess then dump him, then admits that she was just kidding.
Reviewing the first volume, Rebecca Silverman of Anime News Network stated that the combination of revenge comedy and romance was "working thus far." She felt that Aki's servant was the most interesting character, but also enjoyed Masamune, especially how he had to "think about the correct response for each situation he finds himself in". She called Aki "utterly detestable", and noted that it would be difficult for the series to turn around and make her a romantic interest. She wrote that the art was attractive, but noted that the drawings of women were often anatomically incorrect.
The anime series' first episode received poor reviews from Anime News Network's staff during the Winter 2017 season previews. Theron Martin enjoyed the series the most, stating that with the clichés he should have hated the first episode, but instead he found it quite entertaining. Other staffers weren't so positive. Nick Creamer called it a "fairly generic romcom premiere starring a very repugnant cast," while Bamboo Dong claimed it was "a plain piece of toast smeared with unresolved childhood memories of rejection" and complained about how males are portrayed as hapless victims of the heartless women. Jacob Chapman called the comedy "dehumanizing" and the episode was not engaging. Paul Jensen was more positive in that he found the story and characters were unusual enough to be interesting, but he had mixed feelings as he was not sure what the series wanted to be. Rebecca Silverman states that the episode walks a fine line between comedy and cruelty and her strong dislike of Aki is definitely coloring this episode for her.
- All English titles are taken from Crunchyroll.
- "Seven Seas Adds Masamune-kun's Revenge Manga". Anime News Network. September 4, 2015. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- "Crunchyroll Announces Winter 2017 Anime Lineup". Crunchyroll. January 20, 2017. Retrieved April 17, 2017.
- "Masamune-kun's Revenge Anime's Main Cast, Song Artists, January 5 Premiere Revealed". Anime News Network. October 23, 2016. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- "Funimation Announces Masamune-kun's Revenge Anime's English Dub Cast". Anime News Network. February 6, 2017. Retrieved February 6, 2017.
- "Official Winter 2017 SimulDub Lineup". Funimation. January 3, 2017. Retrieved May 3, 2018.
- "雅宗兼次役 斎賀みつきさんからのコメントが到着！". TVアニメ「政宗くんのリベンジ」公式サイト (in Japanese). Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- TivのREX新連載、イケメンに生まれ変わり復讐する男を描く [Tiv's New Series in Rex Depicts a Man who has Been Reborn Handsome to Take Revenge]. Natalie. October 28, 2012. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- "結城心一が描く「政宗くん」スピンオフ、リベンジ以外のリ○○○に奮闘". MyNavi. Retrieved January 30, 2017.
- Green, Scott (September 4, 2015). "Seven Seas Goes Licenses "I Was Abducted by an Elite All-Girls School as a Sample Commoner" and More Manga". Crunchyroll. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio. "Masamune-kun's Revenge Manga Ends in 3 Chapters". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (August 27, 2018). "Masamune-kun's Revenge Manga Gets New Spinoff Series in September". Anime News Network. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- 政宗くんのリベンジ(1) [Masamune-kun's Revenge (1)]. Ichijinsha (in Japanese). Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- "Masamune-kun's Revenge". Seven Seas Entertainment. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- 政宗くんのリベンジ(2) [Masamune-kun's Revenge (2)]. Ichijinsha (in Japanese). Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- 政宗くんのリベンジ(3) [Masamune-kun's Revenge (3)]. Ichijinsha (in Japanese). Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- 政宗くんのリベンジ(4) [Masamune-kun's Revenge (4)]. Ichijinsha (in Japanese). Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- 政宗くんのリベンジ (5) [Masamune-kun's Revenge (5)]. Ichijinsha (in Japanese). Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- 政宗くんのリベンジ (6) [Masamune-kun's Revenge (6)]. Ichijinsha (in Japanese). Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- 政宗くんのリベンジ (7) [Masamune-kun's Revenge (7)]. Ichijinsha (in Japanese). Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- 政宗くんのリベンジ (8) [Masamune-kun's Revenge (8)]. Ichijinsha (in Japanese). Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- 政宗くんのリベンジ (9) [Masamune-kun's Revenge (9)]. Ichijinsha (in Japanese). Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- 政宗くんのリベンジ (10) [Masamune-kun's Revenge (10)]. Ichijinsha (in Japanese). Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- 政宗くんのリベンジ (in Japanese). Ichijinsha. Retrieved August 11, 2016.
- "Masamune-kun's Revenge Manga Gets TV Anime Adaptation". Anime News Network. June 23, 2016. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- Luster, Joseph (June 23, 2016). ""Masamune-kun's Revenge" Anime Announced Along with Teaser Visual". Crunchyroll. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- "Masamune-kun's Revenge Anime's Staff, Visual, January Premiere Revealed". Anime News Network. September 23, 2016. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- "政宗くんのリベンジ第1巻". TVアニメ「政宗くんのリベンジ」公式サイト. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- "BD/DVD". Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- "Crunchyroll, Funimation to Stream Saga of Tanya the Evil, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Hand Shakers, More". Anime News Network. January 3, 2016. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
- ""Masamune-kun's Revenge" Anime Gets New OVA - Anime Herald". Anime Herald. February 24, 2018. Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- Silverman, Rebecca (June 12, 2016). "Masamune-kun's Revenge GN 1". Anime News Network. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- Martin, Theron; Creamer, Nick; Dong, Bamboo; Chapman, Jacob; Jensen, Paul; Silverman, Rebecca (January 5, 2017). "The Winter 2017 Anime Preview Guide: Masamune-kun's Revenge". Anime News Network. Retrieved January 8, 2017.