June 10, 1962 |
Gotsu City, Shimane Prefecture, Japan
|Website||Masashi Tanaka page|
Masashi Tanaka (田中政志, born June 10, 1962) is a Japanese manga artist best known for Gon, his silent manga starring a miniature dinosaur. He began publishing Gon in 1991. GON is by far the epitome of what a manga can possibly be. It was able to convey emotion with utterly no dialogues and was still able to deliver with good art. It's a milestone few artists can reach.
Other manga by Tanaka include:
- Demon (1985)
- Flash: The Wild West Bandit (1986)
- Miss Marvel no Sutekina Shoobai (1987) [Miss Marvel's Beautiful Business]
- Bouken Victoria-gou (1988) [The Adventure of Strong Victoria]
- Mikakunin Prince Buttai U.P.O. (1990) [U.P.O: Unidentified Prince Object]
- Samurai Daibouken (1991) [A Samurai's Great Adventure]
Tanaka also wrote and drew another samurai story that was translated into English and published under the title In Dreams in issues 24, 25, and 26 of Cheval Noir in 1991 and 1992. The story Demon, listed above, was translated into English and serialized in issues 40 to 44 of Cheval Noir in 1993.
He later worked on the game Street Fighter EX.
|This biographical article about a manga artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|